• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by fourhigh

1. fourhigh

7.5 in. rear end 'clunk'

Thanks Guys, I appreciate all of the suggestions. As soon as I got home from work, I jacked it up again, placed jack stands and removed the cover. Absolutely no signs of any metallic bad things in the bottom of the housing. All bolts tight. No noise when I rotated driveshaft by hand, I noticed...
  2. fourhigh

7.5 in. rear end 'clunk'

Thank You Gump, I would have to do some tag research, but I think it's just a standard 7.5. Headed off to work in a bit, working close to home, back before dark to investigate internal housing closer. Will update later on today. I appreciate the help !
  3. fourhigh

First Generation Bronco Axial SCX 24

Cool, Thanks snoranger, this was my first one. It was a challenge cutting them out, I'm sure a curved pair would have helped. Definitely will invest in them if I do another. I wasn't super happy with the shape of the rear versus the front wells, but as I said, first one, and much better than a...
  4. fourhigh

7.5 in. rear end 'clunk'

Sorry, this probably should have been put in the 'axles' section, I apologize, I didn't think about it until I posted it...
  5. fourhigh

7.5 in. rear end 'clunk'

My '85 Bronc with a 302, C4, original (well over 100,000 miles of course) 7.5 inch rear end has developed a 'clunk', mainly under acceleration. Kind of strange, when I was driving it (made it home, driven slowly, it's been here since) it is not a constant noise, sounds like something sliding...
  6. fourhigh

Thank You, Yes 1/24 scale, just about the perfect size for portability. Axial SCX24, fully proportional, upgraded servo, steering linkage. Hobby grade, so there are many modification parts available. Grandsons can easily control it, as opposed to the myriad of cheap basic r/c vehicles that are...
  7. fourhigh

Hi, I too just discovered this section of the forum. I've been into r/c quite awhile, mainly tanks, and recently scored an excavator. This is my first r/c truck tho. I've done a servo upgrade, steering parts, weight added, etc. I find the SCX a very capable little crawler, and alot of fun ...
  8. fourhigh

outer "snap ring" for manual hubs

Suppose, just wish they would have chosen a different location to use this crap "clip" they saved that .01 on....
  9. fourhigh

Excellent, thanks guys. Since I last checked in, my neighbor had a pair of these, only problem is they don't open wide enough. adsm08, I briefly tried that method yesterday, guessin' I might have to resort to that way again, thanks. Gump, I appreciate the time You took to post the pic. Can't...
  10. fourhigh

Hey rumblecloud, Thank You. It confirms what I have, like half of a thick washer. Interestingly, the manual advised "snap ring pliers", 'expanding the snap ring just enough to remove it from the end of the spindle shaft'...' not sure how that can't be an edit mistake...... Now to get the...
  11. fourhigh

Thank You, and for Your service.
  12. fourhigh

Good Saturday afternoon, After owning my Bronco ll for nearly 10 years I am freshening up the front brakes, including new rotors.' 85, manual lockers. Was all ready to tear into it, removed the caliper, (of course) before realizing the outer "snap ring" either has broken ears, or none by design...
  13. fourhigh

Essential jobs...

I work for a sanitation company that serves the county's rural residents. I'm stationery all day at 5 different locations throughout the week, my office being a garbage truck with a recycling trailer in tow. There are quarters in the trailer equipped with a microwave, an HVAC system, a decent...
  14. fourhigh

Chicken crossing the road

to prove to the possum it could be done !
  15. fourhigh

Good source for primary wire?

agreed.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad