• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by fixizin

1. fixizin

Seat belt fix/replacement?

Well I ain't tearing into it--esp. since it's a DOT-Safety thaaang--if FoMoCo is on the hook... will report back...
  2. fixizin

More than one shade of "tan" interior... oh well.

Moral of the story: keep your thumb very close to the pivot rod when putting the visor down (even though you then have to push a lot harder due to less leverage), and reach way up and around--with an extreme and awkward wrist-curl--on the windshield side, when putting the visor back up against...
  3. fixizin

Distinguishing a ‘02 Ranger from XLT or FX4?

Why, oh WHY won't Duh Parts Gods deliver a manual '02 FX4 or '03 FX4 Level II to mah local U-Pick JY?? :( You're just trying to make me cry... won't work... it's just my allergies, really...
  4. fixizin

Seat belt fix/replacement?

I'm the original owner, and my '99 has had lame retraction--only the driver's side--pretty much since new. There was a recall, but I failed to heed that one (too busy with the Infamous Exploding Firestone recall, and the Wonky Random Windshield Wiper recall)... I've just acquired the...
  5. fixizin

ANATOMY of a FoMoCo Sun Visor: (zipped open the stitching with a single-edge razor--like buttah...) Duh Main Stiffener I would call "melamine" or "low grade particle board"... not very strong to begin with, and with time, heat, and humidity, it eventually punches-through from the normal torque...
  6. fixizin

These NASTY tar-like black patches inside the seatbelt retractor slots??

Turns out it's covering an almost 1" diameter HOLE that's probably inherent to the metal-stamping and/or robotic assembly process... Here's the EXTended cab seatbelt, Driver Side, minding its own biz... note the notch for the Mazda cargo cover--a window-shade type device never to be found...
  7. fixizin

A Newbs Interior Overhaul!

Busy, 2 years later, HOW are those Iggee seat covers holding up? Their Ebay store calls them "simulated leather"... wondering if they BREATHE at all...??
  8. fixizin

These NASTY tar-like black patches inside the seatbelt retractor slots??

WTHey they be for?... sound-damping to prevent the rapidly retracting belt from slapping the sheet metal of the B-pillar?... err whut? :dunno: After 22 years of Vegas heat, Phoenix heat, and So-Fla heat, the one on the driver's side let go, and the adhesive on the backside stained the shyt out...
  9. fixizin

They have velcro for velcro patches to stick to, plus Molle loops and a zippered pocket. LOVE practical high-IQ accessories, esp. for pickups and sporty chariots, and that thar's a winner, BUT... my original issue wasn't tears, or even filth, but just that the inner "cardboard" became so limp...
  10. fixizin

That would require Yet Another trip to da U-pick pigsty... meanwhile, the pleasant period we dare to call "winter" here in So-Fla is decidedly OVER... i.e. thought I only needed the one... chances of the other one still being there... hmmm... will wait 'til there's a nice Eh-sploder I can get...
  11. fixizin

LOL... truck is already BLACK + in FLorida = OVEN!... don't need to add any more solar heaters. OTOH I did see that Dupli-Color(?) or similar major brand has rattle-can paint designed for FABRIC... might be a cure--along w/ 3M Adhesive--for the tattered headliner.
  12. fixizin

No, it's definitely in the bee-ah-zhee (beige) family, but I probably need to tweak da settings on my ageing iPhone 6S. Wanted to get the dual-flap visors from an up-trim Exploder, but strangely they were trashed on the upper side--which shows when deployed--but pristine on the underside which...
  13. fixizin

Apparently all Ranger sun visors go "limp" over time, in my case just the Driver Side, thought I had a good junkyard score from a 2001 Exploder Sport-Trac, BUT... not so much. Oh well, at least I have a makeup mirror on the driver side now... in case I find a GF who lies about "can't drive a...
  14. fixizin

UNused CONNector, Left Front, Underneath, XL trim...? (see pic)

Thanks, figgered as much... are those on a separate switch? Any idea what the name/Part# of that connector is?... ... NOT that I would wire up a devious, Commie/pANtifa-offending device that would be useful during riots, err, I mean mostly-peaceful gatherings... :rolleyes:
  15. fixizin

UNused CONNector, Left Front, Underneath, XL trim...? (see pic)

Having owned the beast for 21.5 years, I'm sure I've seen it before, just never hit my "HMMMmmm" button... Body-to-Frame mount in upper right, amber running light framing lower part of pic... seems like a pretty clean connector for hanging out in the breeze... doesn't look high amperage...