• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by fix_or_repair_daily

1. Any experience with GT Radial tires?

I just picked up a '92 Chebby:rolleyes: K1500 4x4 to do hauling and towing jobs that my little 2.3 4x4 isn't capable of doing. It needs new tires badly, and I don't really want to spend a fortune on them especially since I only gave $900 for the truck. I thought about getting these...
  2. Inherited a Ranger, debating what to do with it.

One of my uncles passed away earlier this week.:sad:We weren't all that close, but he decided to leave me his '94 Ranger. I will be getting it after all the paperwork goes through. It's an extended cab 2wd:annoyed:with a 4.0 and a4ld. My other uncle that lived close to him and worked on it...
  3. Possibly buying an older Caravan with a 2.5 anyone have any thoughts/advice?

I've been looking for a cheap vehicle that needs some work to use for a DD, and I came across an 89 Caravan with a 2.5 4cyl and 3 speed auto with only 85k. It has a solid body, but they say it needs engine and brake work. I do know that the 2.2s and 2.5s have head gasket issues as I have...
  4. Anyone besides me watch "The Walking Dead" on AMC?

I can't wait till the 16th when season 2 of The Walking Dead comes on AMC. For a made for TV series the production quality of this series completely blows me away. Better than most movies in the genre. I also never expected them to show that amount of gore on regular TV. Anyone else like...
  5. I know everyone says Dual brand sucks, but...

I just put one of these http://www.dualav.com/mobileaudio/xr4110.php in my little Ford Aspire, and I am impressed for the money. I got it new on Ebay for $36 shipped. The tuner picks up as good or better than the factory unit or a little better. The sound is very clear especially using USB...
  6. Dumb a$$ Toyota engineers, WTF were they thinking? Rant

My aunt is on her third leased Toy Rav4. She had a stroke a little over a year and a half ago and lost most of her eyesight. So, either me or my mom do her driving for her. I didn't mind the first two Rav's but I HATE this POS she has now with an absolute passion. Mom took her shopping, and...
  7. Anyone run Uniroyal Liberator A/Ts before?

Like the title says, anyone used them before? My mom's POS 4x4 S10 needs tires and I saw them at Walmart. The tread isn't quite aggressive as I would like, but they look fine for snow and light off pavement use. How long do they last? Any known pros vs cons? Thanks, Josh:icon_cheers:
  8. Gettin new title in PA

Hi, does anyone know what it takes to get a title for a old vehicle when the original title is long gone? I mean I'm looking at a 60 something plow jeep on ebay and they don't have a title for it. Does anyone in PA know how hard it would be to file for one? Thanks, Josh
  9. Cam seal leak...new seal didn't help!

Hi, my '84 Ranger with an '86 Merkur turbo 2.3 has a bad oil leak, which seams to be coming from the cam seal as you can see it is flinging oil at the hood and over toward the exhaust manifold from the cam pulley. What seems strange to me is that it doesn't seem to leak all the time. It seams...
  10. Merkur Scorpio...any possible upgrades for RBV's?

Hi, there is a complete Merkur Scorpio in a junkyard near me, and I'd like to know if there is anything that would be useful or better on them than the RBV version of the 2.9. I would have checked it out better, but I needed to pull another part, and I couldn't get the hood openon the Merkur...
  11. 88 B II alignment questions

I just put f150 spacers and chevy shackles on my 88 B2 along with all new balljoints, pivot bushings, radius arm bushings, shocks for a 2" lift, and a new drag link. I also bought the dual adjustable caster camber bushings from Napa. My front end always looked like it had an excessive amount...
  12. Driveshaft Question

Hi, I just did the f150 spacer and 2" ranger rear block swap on my 88 b2. My factory CV style shaft now clicks at low speeds, so obviously need a different one. Can I just get a ranger shaft and have it shortened? Would that work ok with only 2" lift? Is there a low cost but better option...
  13. 95 Mitsubishi Mirage 1.5, interference engine or not?

Hi, looking at a Mitsubishi Mirage on ebay with a broken timing belt. What are the chances that it bent the valves when it broke? Are they a car even worth messing with? Thanks in advance, Josh
  14. Strange electrical problem with 2.3T, anyone else had this happen?

Hi, I put an '86 Merkur engine, harness, and computer into my '84 ranger, and it has a strange problem. When you go to start it, it will not fire up until you let off of the key as long as the engine is still spinning over. It doesn't matter how long you crank it unless you would crank it long...
  15. 2.3 T strange electrical gremlin possibly TFI???

Hi, I put an '86 Merkur engine, harness, and computer into my '84 ranger, and it has a strange problem. When you go to start it, it will not fire up until you let off of the key as long as the engine is still spinning over. It doesn't matter how long you crank it unless you would crank it long...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad