• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by fenderville

1. Intermittent misfires rough idle and acceleration

I have a 2000 Ford Ranger 4.0 Extended Cab 4x4 off-road. About three weeks ago, the engine light came on so I stopped by AutoZone to pull the codes. It was a misfire on bank 6. So, I changed out the plug and all was fine... for a few weeks. Then, the rough running came back and engine light...
  2. Need advice on transmission issue on 2000 ranger..

Hello all... I have a 2000 Ford Ranger 4x4 with a tranny that has completely fried. I got a quote for a refurb w/install for 3700. My issue is the truck has 155000 miles on it and it may not even be worth it. I can still manage to drive with the tranny like this but don't know how long. The...
  3. 2000 Ranger 4.0 - 4x4 will not engage

Howdy all.. I have a 2000 Ford Ranger with a 4.0 Automatic. I can't get the 4x4 to engage.. It did engage but after about a mile it disengaged itself.. Then it will not go back in.. I tried it from a dead stop.. I tried High.. I tried low Won't engage at all now.. Any ideas what this could...
  4. 2000 Ford Ranger High Idle at startup and in gear..

Hello all... I have a 2000 Ranger 4.0 auto ext-cab... the rpm's are at about 2000 when first started and calm down to about 1100-1200 after a couple minutes. They get down to the 800-900 rang after it is warmed up completely. It also jumps from about 800-900 in park/neutral to about...
  5. Transmission a deep pan or shallow pan filter?

Hello all! Great site.. I have learned alot so far.. I was going to change the fluid and filter in my Ranger: 2000 Ford Ranger 4.0 4X4 5 Speed Auto But when I looked at autozone for a filter it said Shallow Pan or Deep Pan? Which would mine be? Thanks!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad