• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by Fairtax4me

1. 2.3L ('83-'97) Harmonic Balancer Removal

You think that's bad, have you ever done head gaskets on a 6.0 Powersmoke? If a crank pulley doesn't come off, heat and a bigger hammer. I've had a few stuck bad enough that they break, and I just re-position the puller and blast the center of the pulley with the blue wrench for a little...
  2. 2.3L ('83-'97) 1988 Ranger issues, misfires, running rich

You were spot on Tom, thanks! There are two radial caps on the ECM board and one of them is mighty rough looking and the other is not looking great either. For about $5 for both with shipping I'll try to replace these and hopefully that takes care of it. There is no lamp or socket for a CEL...
  3. 2.3L ('83-'97) 1988 Ranger issues, misfires, running rich

Thanks man, that's some real information that is the kind of thing I always hope for in a reply! The ECM issue also makes sense that it will not give me any blink codes. The fuel pumps will run indefinitely if the key is left on. I think the longest I had the key On a few days ago while doing...
  4. 2.3L ('83-'97) 1988 Ranger issues, misfires, running rich

Hey guys, used to be a member here several years ago, and just bought another Ranger that needs some TLC, but it's a solid truck, which is hard to find anymore in this area. It's a 1988, 2.3, 2wd, MT, ext. cab. It sat for several years, but a new battery made it fire right up, even ran OK on...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad