• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by EasternNC

1. What swap to do?

Well, I guess I need to be certain the stock trans and rear end can handle all that.
  2. What swap to do?

What is the difference between the 2.8 flat tops and what the 2.9 comes stock with? Is there a certain year I need to order, I assume I'd order them for a ranger but what year? What are the reasons for swapping them? Is the .030 head mill to compensate for the new pistons? What will the...
  3. What swap to do?

These replies are EXACTLY what I came here for. Thanks guys!
  4. What swap to do?

So I got the engine out and its now home. Problem is, I didn't know it before hand and my wire harness was cut by the previous owner when he took the top end of the engine apart. Guy was a real idiot. So, I found lots of the harness, maybe I can splice it back but man what a mess. I think a new...
  5. What swap to do?

Alright so im in the process of plucking the engine. I had to take the heat shielding off the passenger exhaust and don't know how I feel about putting it back on. I see it is a warm air supply for the engine, but we know cold air is better for volumetric efficiency. Any reason I need to put it...
  6. What swap to do?

Upgrading the radiator is no big deal and cheap insurance. I will do that. I'm pulling the engine from the parts truck today and need to know if I need the wire harness and computer?
  7. What swap to do?

The 89 has an automatic and the 87 has a manual. So, with that being the case, should I import the 89 harness and computer to the 87 truck?
  8. What swap to do?

Thanks! My plan is a complete tear down, hot dip, and rebuild. Plus all new everything on it. Also I want to do any upgrades there are. Know of any good rebuild kit sources?
  9. What swap to do?

Well, I found an 89 XLT with a bad tyranny and a ( hopefully ) good 2.9. Anyway the price is 600. Im probably gonna buy it, pull the engine and throw the truck away. The 89 2.9 should be a straight forward drop in into the 87 that had a 2.9 right?
  10. What swap to do?

I have an 87 with a destroyed v6. It manual 5 speed and 4x4. Its got a 6" lift and 3" body lift. I wanna do this with my 14 year old for his first truck. Frame has no rust and straight, the body is pretty good too. I want to do a swap thats worth doing, a reliable engine with power and torque...
  11. 1990 ranger diesel conversion

I'm following this. How much do you reckon you have tied up in the project so far?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad