• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by Dustin_89BII

1. Dustin_89BII

'89 ignition lock cylinder staying in start position-- loose internals, spring issue, or?

Problem: When I start the truck the key stays in the start position, rather than returning to the run position. This causes the battery to drain and a lot of my electrical accessories to not get power. I have to manually turn the key back to the left a bit to avoid this, but I forget sometimes...
  2. Dustin_89BII

SOLVED: New leaf springs lowered the rear.

SOLUTION: Ok, I figured out the problem. 1989 b2’s are the only year where the J spring code is an option. These springs — 929-206 — are beefier, heavier, and have more static arc. They also come with the locating pin on the top to be installed in the spring under configuration. I had to flip...
  3. Dustin_89BII

Haha, yes of course. OEM spec, but total trash…
  4. Dustin_89BII

Thanks for your reply, Bobby. Looks like we’re of the same mind. What a hassle… new OEM BS… Cheers
  5. Dustin_89BII

Sadly, I already gave my old leaf springs away to a scrap metal guy up the street. When I had them out of the truck, they had the same static arch as the new springs. Same dimensions as far as I could tell. So I’m imagining the new springs have a bad heat treat or something like that. Idk I...
  6. Dustin_89BII

Does anyone here have a B2 with OEM leaf springs still in it? How much arc is in the springs while sitting? I mean these lay totally flat or even slightly downward at the tip close to the rear shackle. I ordered an add-a-leaf from the bronco graveyard, but they got lost in shipping and now are...
  7. Dustin_89BII

Floppy seat belts

Seatbelt planet and others have belts for the B2 that have the modern style retractors that keeps the shoulder belt against your body at all times. Not cheap, but they feel way safer.
  8. Dustin_89BII

2.9 Alternator

I had an electrical gremlin recently in my ‘89 B2. It seemed like the alternator was bad because the battery would drain while driving. Pretty new battery. Charged it up and got 12.8v or so. I’d turn on the truck and the volts wouldn’t move. (Looking like the alt wasn’t adding voltage to 14.5...
  9. Dustin_89BII

2.9 Alternator

Glad it worked out! Thanks for answering my questions, guys 👍🏼
  10. Dustin_89BII

2.9 Alternator

So let’s say the 12v test light — between batt terminal and disconnected batt cable— illuminates showing a parasitic draw. After starting the car with a fully charged battery, would the voltage go up to 13.5-14.8 v, or could the parasitic draw make it look like the alternator isn’t working?
  11. Dustin_89BII

So strange. The leafs are almost flat. I removed a shock and there was no height change. Thanks for the responses, guys. I was just hoping to hear someone had a similar issue and/or knew why. 🤷🏼‍♂️
  12. Dustin_89BII

Good question. I did replace the shocks at the same time. KYB gas adjust shocks— KG5440 and KG5454. Is it possible they are pulling the back down? Thanks !
  13. Dustin_89BII

I just replaced what I though were sagging leaf springs with new Dorman leafs (42-821). The rear lost about 2” in height. I replaced them myself and the old & new springs looked identical. I didn’t throw away a l block or anything either, lol. I am quite confused. What could have happened...
  14. Dustin_89BII

Bronco won't stay alive

Hey, damn sorry to hear about all the troubles you're having! I've had a hellava time with my 89b2. Have you tried to pull engine codes for these issues? Going through the engine code procedure, where you blast the throttle when it tells you is key to getting a head start on troubleshooting...
  15. Dustin_89BII

SOLVED: Thread pitch/type to plug AC compressor manifold port?

Franklin2 got it right. I was able to get a pressure release valve to work on the manifold. Thanks so much everyone for the support! Found the valve online at cold hose.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad