• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by dtmaxwell

1. Will an 03 axle swap into a 97?

I searched but couldn't find a definitive answer - my apologies if this is a re-post. Will a 7.5" axle, drum-to-drum, from a 2003 4-cylinder auto Ranger swap into my 97 Ranger 5 speed? Are the brakes the same and will the parking brake cable and brake lines work? Thanks in advance! DM
  2. Serpentine Belt Tensioner

I just installed a new serentine belt and tensioner in my 1997 Ranger 2.3 and noticed the truck now has an uneven idle - sounds like it's trying to die and then the idle comes up a bit. I looked under the hood and noticed the new tensioner (Dorman brand - Advance Auto) is moving slightly back...
  3. "New" Ranger - where should this part be?

I just picked up a 97 Ranger Super Cab with the 2.3L and found something in the engine bay that should be bolted down but it isn't. Can you identify the piece in the picture below and let me know where it should be located and fastened down? There is a bracket on it but I can't find an...
  4. Replacing Cooling System and Timing Belt - questions

Hello - I'm close to buying a 1997 Ranger with the 2.3L that needs some serious maintenance - high miles, few records/receipts, low price. The first project I plan to do is replace the cooling system and while I'm at it, the timing belt. I've searched for answers to a bunch of questions and...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad