• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by DoctorRoboto

1. PCV elbow location?

All, I just got a '98 Ranger 4.0L, which came complete with a set of P0171 and P0174 error codes. The PO has previously swapped 2 O2 sensors, I was thinking about trying to find which ones and swap the other 2. Before I did, I wanted to check on some of the cheaper and more likely culprits -...
  2. Where does fuel pressure regulator vacuum port go?

I have a '95 B3000 and have been having trouble with the cabin HVAC vacuum. I have a parallel thread over here about that, been trying to chase down why doors aren't opening and such. But I believe I have a much more major vacuum line hookup problem, courtesy of the PO. I have been trying to...
  3. Blend door = recirc door?

I'm trying to diagnose the problem in my '95 B3000. I have weak airflow in the cabin, and also no A/C. Trying to focus on airflow first. All fan speeds sound like they're working, I hear the fan working even on the low speed, so I don't think it's the resistor. But the airflow is basically zero...
  4. Floppy mirror fix - how to tear down

I see the tech notes on various fixes for a floppy side mirror on my '95 B3000, but how do I get down to those rivets to make a fix? Do I have to yank the glass out of the mirror housing? If so, how? If not, how do I get to the back of the hinge so I can try putting different hardware in there...
  5. Door lock cylinder retainer clips - what's going on?

I've got the door panel open on my 1995 Mazda B3000, because the outside door lock doesn't work. I found that the plastic clip that translates motion from the lock cylinder to the rod (which is completely missing) is broken, as seen in the picture. But I can't find a replacement for this thing...
  6. Removing significant amount of excess transmission fluid

All, I have a weird problem with my ATF that I don't want to make any worse. I followed the process in the manual to check the ATF on my 1995 Mazda B3000, and it was GROSSLY overfilled. As in, 3 times higher than the high mark when hot. I'm guessing this is the work of the PO, but it could be...
  7. Engine overheating at idle - trying to diagnose

All, First time poster, second guessing my choice to buy a used '95 B3000 that needs to make a trip x-country next week. I'll start by saying that I've been reading as much as I can on this topic, enough to be dangerous, but not enough to know what I'm actually talking about. Here's the...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad