• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by Dhaile

1. Dhaile

Brand new to the B2....is the Sven Pruett build real?

@sgtsandman that's interesting. I didn't realize they were one in the same. I learn something every time I get on here. I only switched to mobil one with the matching filter after watching some test videos and stuff on youtube. Yeah, I get that nerdy about it when there's nothing on tv...
  2. Dhaile

@RobbieD maybe misunderstood is a better word to use. I mean, after all, ours is 35 years old and runs like butter with 159k on the clock. And I'll even go so far as to say the thing still looks pretty dang good. But, with that said, it has flaws. I'm just taking out as many of those flaws...
  3. Dhaile

Carb engines aren't more reliable. They are much simpler and there are less components. But they are just not more reliable. Yes, most of the components are are getting very old. But, they're still working. Which to me, speaks to the reliability of what I have. I've had to get creative...
  4. Dhaile

Standard speaker sizes?

They are 4" in the dash and 5X7 in the rear I know. The 4" in the dash will fit, but the mounting is not the same. There is a guy on etsy that sells a 3D printed adapter for the dash. Just find and buy them. You'll cuss, stomp your feet and have to fabricate something anyway. They're well...
  5. Dhaile

MY build thread...'88 Bronco II Desert Rat Patrol Edition: 1/26/24 update!

Not getting 30$ ebay specials when it comes to poly helps. I've made that mistake once. Unfortunately they're expensive. Rubber is getting harder to find. I personally prefer poly and have always had good results with it. But again, personal preference. It's not the end all solution that...
  6. Dhaile

I find poly replacements ok. They are a bit stiffer. But, I also put kyb shocks on everything I own which helps offset for some softness. I don’t personally like skyjacker products. I’ve found that they wear very quickly and ride quality plummets. Maybe their quality has gotten better than 8 or...
  7. Dhaile

Yay! Someone who is looking to save a lost dog like me. But really, lack of maintenance and just general lack of caring how things are done is disheartening when it’s found. I’ve found little crap on my mine so far. Was it a pain to do it correctly? Only after going through everything they did...
  8. Dhaile

I am genuinely excited to hear all that. I’m looking forward to this build. When it’s ready to happen I’ll let everybody know how it goes.
  9. Dhaile

That’s quite the accomplishment. Here I am riding the struggle bus just a bit putting in a phone charger and led headlights. Also replacing all the dash lights with led.
  10. Dhaile

Sir…did you use the oem case to put in a standalone ecm? I am nothing short of thoroughly impressed.
  11. Dhaile

I appreciate it. I may shoot you a PM. I’ve always figured if other people can do it, so can I. So, I’m not scared to tackle it. I can see some googling and talking to some companies in my future.
  12. Dhaile

I figured that might be the case. It’ll be my first time with a stand alone ECU. So, yippee for me. I’ve only ever visited a tuner, or there was no computer involved at all. So this will be brand new territory. Could be a lot fun. Could be a nightmare.
  13. Dhaile

I believe you are correct. I think the cat thing might be a federal law. But, I've never been one to follow arbitrary rules from those people. I figured the exhaust would have to be pretty much all custom after the y pipe. I'll have to dive into the exhaust thing a bit more. I may throw one...
  14. Dhaile

Parts are indeed an issue with this one. And apparently so is machining. I'm going to have to look into that even more. I may not be able to stay local with that. Luckily for me, I drive through about 9 states regularly for work. So, dropping some stuff off and picking it up a month or two...
  15. Dhaile

I'll be picking up some of this shellac for sure. Rumor has it that the rubber(it's probably space rubber or something) felpro gaskets I bought do really well. Felpro hasn't let me down so far in life. But, a little extra insurance probably wouldn't hurt. @lil_Blue_Ford we're keeping the...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad