• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by ddman

1. 87 ranger fuel filler hose

Have a 87 ranger, 2.9 zimmer conversion. Problem is I can not put gas in it, from a pump, a can, I just won’t go in. I’m thinking the vent is clogged or the filler hose is kinked, can not find one for a 87, found them for a 88-92, but not the 86-87. Anyone know where to get them or a part number?
  2. 87 ranger 2.9 fuel problem

we have had this truck for years and years, been a great little truck. now we are having issues with fuel we think. ran fine one day next day cranks but wont start, pulled a plug and its getting fire, pushed the stratter valve and fuel shot out of it. now, before we had to run a wire to the pump...
  3. 87 ranger simmer conversion

Dad has a 87 ranger simmer conversion. It's ext cab, 2.9 auto changed to a 5 speed. How many of these simmer trucks were made? Anyway to find out?
  4. 1987 ranger quites, wont restart for couple hours

have 1987 ranger 2.9 5 spd. truck runs good, then wiill shut off and not restart for couple hours. have changed coil, ignetion module, and triedd different computer, nothing has helped. need to get to the bottom of this. when the truckwont start the fuel pump works and gets fuel to pressure...
  5. 5spd shifter peoblem

we converted our 87 to a 5 spd. but the shifter that came with the trans is shot it has alot of slop in it. we checked the ford garage and they wont 200.00 for the whole thing they said that is the only way to get it. is there some easy fix to it so we dont have to buy the whole thing? thanks...
  6. 87 2.9 wont start off key

we put this motor in and got it all hooked, tried the key and it wont turn over, put on new sileniod, battery, cleaned all cables, ran a nother ground from the battery to the engine and frame. it will start and run if you jump the silenoid, and will shut off by the key, just wont turn over. any...
  7. bellhouseing bolts

can any one tell me what size the bell houseing bolts are for a 87 2.9? we have some that came out of the 3.0 but they wont even fit in the bellhouseing bolt holes. thanks
  8. transmission swap questions

87 ranger, 2.9 auto. we had pulled the motor out of the truck a few years ago along with the trans, now we put a 2.9 back in it frim a 87 ranger, but we apparently got rid of the transmission a year or so back by mistake. now we are on the hunt for a trans to put in it. this was going to be a v8...
  9. 87 ranger vac diagrams

need vac line diagrams for a 87 2.9 with auto trans. we have most of them hooked up but a few we dont have any idea where they go. one inparticular comes off the charcoal canister, it has a hard plastic molded line. we looked in the manual but it dont give any details as tho what it hooks to and...
  10. engine swap question

hey guys, new to this forum, but not new to mechanics, we have a 87 ford ranger conversion truck. it has the bed like a dually but we are running 50's on the rear, it was bought that way. not sure of the conversion company, but any way on to my questions. weare replacing the 2.8l v6 and...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad