• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by David88

1. David88

Welding question

I searched the forum and google, but after an hour I gave up. I need to know what I need to disconnect on my 88 Ranger in order to weld on the roof. I plan to put a basket on and I need to weld mounting brackets to the rain rail so I can mount a custom fab basket with lights. Also, any clue...
  2. David88

How far off is your speedometer?

Just for kicks. I got pulled over doing what I thought was 55. Cop called another unit and he got in my truck and drove it at what the speedometer said was 55. Turns out, my speedometer reads off by 11mph. Explains why I almost run people over in the 35 mph zones. He told me to just stick a...
  3. David88

Opinions from SAS Ranger owners

I want to do a SAS on my Ranger, and I'd like to hear about experiances others have had in doing there swap. I searched for a best swap and could not come up with a post, and the tech library has lots of options. Which axel did you choose and why?
  4. David88

88 Ranger XXLT Ultra Cab

Sooooo... I went to McDonalds here in town which is right next to a Ford Dealership and a Transmission shop. And then I saw it again. The little 88 BII sitting in the grass. Been there since I used to work at the dealership in 2005 has a bad tranny. Then after reading the thread on 4 door...
  5. David88

88 Ranger XLT build

I wish I had gotten pics before I started to work on my truck. I'll use a picture of my Dad's 88 since his is stock. When I got the truck it would run, but only had 1&2 gears. Traded my 89 Cherokee Laredo for it and two 86 Rangers. We drove mine home and pulled the other two. First thing I...
  6. David88

88 in need of budget upgrade

So I got an 88 Supercab 2.9L with a 5-speed Mitsubishi trans. I lifted it with a 3-inch body lift ad have it sitting on 265/70/R16 tires on 16x8 Pacers. Just about the whole drive train is new except the motor which is still the original 88 one. Looking for a drop in replacement for it. Like a...
  7. David88

Escambia county, Alabama

I have a '88 Ranger that I got for free. I've been doing work on it as a hobby, but now I need to drive it. Having to pull the Tranny again because of the pressure plate. It's a 2.9L with a Mitsubishi Tran. 3in body lift with 265/75/16 AT on 16x8 Pacers. New parts: Starter, hub bearings...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad