• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by CMDRyzin

1. A4LD won't engage.

I mean if I put the truck in park it won't move. My working theory is that my starting gear/clutches near the tail end of my transmission are so totally shot or that the hydraulic solenoid that controls them is in such a bad state that nothing will happen at all when I put it into drive or...
  2. A4LD won't engage.

So....as I was revising my OP so that anyone who reads this would better know what's up. I came to the realization that my rebuild kit never came with the forward clutch's and forward/reverse band. Guess I should probably check those....:poop: Edit: looking at a diagram after the fact I suppose...
  3. Hello!

Indeed here's a preview :devilish:
  4. 1987 Ranger 2.9l occasional high idle and jerking at highway speeds

Shouldn't need a obd1 "reader" although they do sell them on Amazon you can just as easily do without. Get a paperclip and make a jumper wire to put your ecm into test mode. Here is a picture of what you should do. Turn the key on but engine off and wait for the codes. Try googling eec 4...
  5. Hello!

Well thanks for the welcome tw205 and dvdswan. And yes hopefully it's under 10 grand, I think I'm only into it about 3 right now including the truck itself so should be good for many more modifications :sneaky:
  6. Hello!

Just a few I guess Currently building new front and rear bumpers courtesy of MOVE bumpers. Although they don't sell a kit for 88 the 89+ was not hard to modify to fit. Additionally the stock ecm is to much of an antique and runs like crap even with new parts so debating on going with a self...
  7. A4LD won't engage.

Well I did add some more fluid and raised the level to the top of the dipstick scratched area but still nothing. If I put it in drive or any gear the engine acts like it will load up and rpms drop and pressure raises to 100 psi and be ready to go but nothing. No noise, no whine or anything...
  8. A4LD won't engage.

I'm relatively sure there is enough and is within the scratched markings on the dipstick while running but I can add some more and see what happens.
  9. A4LD won't engage.

Not sure if this is where I am supposed to post this but I'll give it a shot. 1988 Ford Ranger 2.9l v6 4x4 A4ld transmission with borgwarner transfercase Truck is used but appears to be all original. Basically I rebuilt the A4LD because it also would not do anything and now that it is...
  10. Hello!

Well I found myself here after lurking for awhile and trying to diagnose a transmission problem but decided to join and jump into some fun conversations. I have a blue 1988 Ranger 4x4 2.9l that I have been raising back from the dead out of a junk yard.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad