• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by Cmar68

1. 5.0 into an 88 4X4

I have an 88 ranger and I want to put in a 5.0 out of a mustang I have and the motor itself is fuel injected. I was contemplating leaving it fuel injected but it seems kind of tricky but I want the extra power and reliability fuel injection offers. I also want to leave it 4 wheel drive and a...
  2. Top end noise

I have an 88 ranger and it was sitting for about a month due to transmission problems and when I first started it up it began to make a ticking noise from the top of the motor. I think it might be the lifters should I be concerned? Is it bad for the motor?
  3. Auto to manual conversion

I have an 88 Ranger 4X4 and my automatic transmission crapped out on me so I'm going to put in an FM146 manual into it what do I need to do to the ranger to make the manual work properly?
  4. A4LD swap

I have a 1988 ranger with a 2.9 and recently my A4LD automatic transmission went out and I want to swap it for a manual transmission. I have a Mazda M50D-R1 transmission from a 1994 3.0 ranger that works great I was wondering if there's any possibility that I could put that in my 88 ranger.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad