• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by buvoir

1. looking to get a new differential

webster is nearby. Is this a factory locker that shuts off at 25 mph or something else?
  2. looking to get a new differential

but that ford axle with the locker disengages at 25 mph
  3. looking to get a new differential

thank you. I've been taking notes over here.
  4. looking to get a new differential

while I was at work, I was thinking a locker is kinda where I should be headed. I looked at detroit lockers. I'm sorry, I don't know these terms like ring gear and carrier. I just know where the diff is housed and my axle type is 71 lol. You guys told me that means it is 3.73 gear ratio, a...
  5. looking to get a new differential

thanks everyone for the brainstorms and information. I really appreciate it as this is rather important to me. I've been buying sets of tires and playing with sandbags for 2 winters now. (to recap, i have blizzaks) I'm aware of the 25 mph limit on the ford locker. Maybe I'm asking...
  6. looking to get a new differential

thanks, first I'm just trying to get the specs for this 71 axle code so I can begin to look for a limited slip diff
  7. looking to get a new differential

assuming I could figure all that out, would disabling that unlock/lock feature turn it into a limited slip or am I missing your point?
  8. looking to get a new differential

I bought a new 2021 FWD ranger 2 years ago. I assumed it would be good in the snow like my previous rangers. After trying Blizzaks and weight in the back, it's OK in the slush, snow and ice. Nothing compared to my stock 2004 ranger for sure. Anyway, after much digging, I believe I have an open...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad