Bsmalone's latest activity

• My 1999 ranger 2.5 manual 2wd is having some issues. 1. Interment missfires and low power at any point in the power band randomly. 2 Oil...
  • Bsmalone replied to the thread 1999 2.5 -> 4.0 SOHC help.
    I figured it out by just pulling it anyway. Theres a 2 peice engine harness that also has the plugs for the trans thats separate from...
    Ive got one more question. I need the harness from the explorer i pulled the trans and rear end from. I didnt grab the engine because it...
    Im pretty sure i got this right but are all replacment timing parts from reputable brands the updated 2004+ style or do i need to check...
  • Bsmalone reacted to Dirtman's post in the thread 1999 2.5 -> 4.0 SOHC help with Like Like.
    I've seen plenty of 4.0 sohc engines way over 200,000 miles still running strong. Be diligent about keeping the oil clean and install...
    Well after doing some research on both engines i think id still prefer the sohc anyway. Ill just get the 04+ timing parts new and...
    Ok cool. Ill grab the engine in the best shape and add later set of timing components. Out of curiosity what years and models did the...
  • Bsmalone reacted to snoranger's post in the thread 1999 2.5 -> 4.0 SOHC help with Like Like.
    The updated timing components will fit any year SOHC.
    emissions in kansas doesnt exist luckily lol. So i wont have to worry about that. I do plan to replace the timing components since ill...
    Ill be sure to check that fuel system out but if im not wrong its already reternless. If not ill scoop it up. And funny enough ive...
  • ok so fun scenario that ive got and i just wanna make sure ive got this worked out. I have a 1999 ford ranger 2.5 manual 2wd thats about...