• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by BPLP

1. "Hot Cam" mod

Also something to look into if you want to spend some extra coin, go to Esslinger Racing's website, they have all sorts of 2.3 parts including camshafts with over .500" lift and whatnot. Some over .600" lift too lol.
  2. "Hot Cam" mod

Wouldn't be the height of the followers that would be the concern? I'm well aware of this mod and I'm planning on going to the JY to pick up a 94 cam to put in my 96 2.3 which would give me that "hot cam" that is mentioned. When I do that I'll takes some calipers and measure the height of the...
  3. Foot on the floor to keep up @ 55 MPH, poor mileage

This makes it sound like you might have a vacuum leak somewhere. It wont hurt you MPG's that much but it is something that you should clear up.
  4. 2.3l + 33x12.5's + 3.73 gears?

I have a 1996 ford ranger with a 2.3, 3.73 gears in the rear, 5 speed manual and I'm going to get 33x12.5's and I'm going to run it stock like that until I get 4.10's with a limited slip. Am I crazy or can it be done for a little while? I am well aware that it will be a DOG and will suck but...
  5. Coil Pack Q on 1996 (and mature discussion)

So I've been reading about this duel plug mod and I DO NOT WANT TO START AN ARGUMENT about it but I would like to know 1) on a 1996 does the front or rear coil pack fire the combustion? (is the combustion side on the intake or exhaust side?) 2) Is there any way to test whether it is separate...
  6. Cam on stock computer?

Can I put a bigger camshaft on my 96 ford ranger with a stock ECU? Does a bigger cam call for a flash on the ECU or a stand alone? I also think I'm going to put 19lb injectors off a mustang with it. Thanks, Ben
  7. Manifold/Header Q

I have a 1996 ford ranger with the 2.3 in it and it has a header on it. Did the 2.3 come with a header from the factory or did it come with a cast manifold? was the original owner playing in my engine bay?
  8. Guys I need brake help... I'm very confused

So I have a 1996 Ford Ranger XLT. Its a 2wd, 5 speed, and is a regular cab long bed. My question is wtf is the front rotor situation on my truck??? I need to order new front rotors but I'm seeing this rotor and hub assembly thing that I haven't ever had to deal with before and then I'm also...
  9. 1984-1987 I beams on my 1996 ranger?

So I changed my mind about offset and wheels and came up with a better idea! I plan on going to the junk/scrap yard and getting some forged I beam suspensions off a 83-89 Ranger and extending them 4.5-5 inches on each side and bending them for a 5-5.5 inch lift. My question is if they are a...
  10. Want to run 6" bulge fenders but don't know what wheels to run!

This is what I made! Just make the backspacing 2 inches and then put a 1 inch spacer in there too. That will leave me with 1 inch between the fender and tire. I just don't know what looks good!
  11. Want to run 6" bulge fenders but don't know what wheels to run!

Hey guys! I'm looking to turn my 1996 ranger into a DD prerunner that I can have fun in, like the style of, and bomb down some dirt or gravel roads in! (I live in Michigan so that's pretty much all we have.) I don't need long travel suspension yet so I'm planning on just getting a 4" lift for...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad