• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by Boldster

1. Boldster

1988 ranger 2.9L overheating

Follow Up of the cooling system adventure... I install a Motorad high flow 180F thermostat ( Mod # 2040180) no holes drilled... Now temp gauge goes very quickly to the center of the scale (between R and M) and the most important, remain there even with the AC on and driving on rush hours...
  2. Boldster

1988 ranger 2.9L overheating

Ray, this may be can help you. I replace EVERYTHING on the cooling system of my 88 2.9L ( water pump, hoses, radiator, thermostat, fan clutch, heater core, etc, etc, etc and looking for Motorcraft or Ford parts, no cheap aftermarket trash) trying to solve kind of possessed temp gauge... one day...
  3. Boldster

1988 2.9 XLT Ranger Air Cleaner Temp Sensor

Thank you! I will appreciate that.
  4. Boldster

Yes my 88 is injection and yes has the temp sensor/actuator on the air cleaner. I am looking online but cannot find which is the part number... lot of Carter and other brands, no trustable information... So far I plug the vacuum tree and will concentrate my efforts in make the engine run smooth...
  5. Boldster

Engine stall if AC is turned off

Thank you all guys! I just replace the brake booster and eliminate all vacuum leaks (cannot find the right air cleaner temperature sensor (MAT?) which was creating a vacuum leak but for the moment I plug the front vacuum tree till I can find a new one). Thank you Franklin2 for the info!!! will...
  6. Boldster

The part I am looking for is not the IAT. This temp sensor manage vacuum to an actuator which switch between cool and hot air intake to the air cleaner. Here some pictures from Ebay of the same sensors but different codes, which make me think are indicators of open-close temperatures but cannot...
  7. Boldster

Hi, thanks for your fast response. Yes I clean the throttle body and also try several different adjustments of the idle screw ( not sure how it works since the computer come with a pre set idle speed). When the transmission is on P or N, when I turn on the AC the idle speed go down like 50...
  8. Boldster

OK, this little baby still driving me crazy... Engine start (rough idle) but stop as soon I put the transmission selector to any other than P or N. Not very rare? Well, wait for this: If I turn on the AC, everything run normal... Any ideas????
  9. Boldster

Hi, I am looking for a new air temp sensor (the one located on the air cleaner, which switch between cool and hot air intakes). I found online several sensors of that type but no one with the same "ID" numbers "123 8B1" or any other information about available aftermarket replacement. Any tip...
  10. Boldster

1988 XLT Ranger Seats Clothing

Thanks guys, I already contact Mr Byrd today and he ask me for pictures of the cloth to check on his catalogs if there still be available the original factory cloth type and color. Will keep you posted. Tomorrow I am planing to replace windows seals on both doors, that I hope will help to keep...
  11. Boldster

Thank you for your fast response! Will try to contact @ZMan and ask... plenty of time to work on my baby now...
  12. Boldster

Hi. Looking where to buy the original cloth to repair some cigarette (?) burned spots on a 1988 XLT Ranger. I am going (or trying to) totally factory original and doesn't like the new upholstery kits (even price kill me at $400 plus freight). My plan is disassemble the seats, clean, repair and...
  13. Boldster

1988 Ford Ranger Colors

I just can say TANKS!!!! I check the sticker and found on the "color" line, a "9T" which is Light Chestnut and far away but on the same line a "97" which is Dark Chestnut Clearcoat Metallic ! The combination of both chestnut colors for sure will look a lot better than the Light Chestnut-Matte...
  14. Boldster

1988 Ford Ranger Colors

Hi, I have an 1988 XLT "two tone" paint option. Body color is Light Chestnut, but the secondary color (lower band on both sides of the truck) is kind of matte black that in my opinion look like a non "factory" color. Any idea of where I can find the correct color combination?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad