• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by BlueTankRanger97

1. BlueTankRanger97

Newbie from KY!

Oh I will. I am not looking forward to it, but need to diagnose the issue better and I hav no other way to do it.
  2. BlueTankRanger97

Newbie from KY!

AN Update fer ya. I have completely replaced the rear brakes. New drums, cylinders, the works. Also New shocks (Still had the original blue "FORD" stamped shocks) and new front springs. Rear leafs are in the plan. Not looking for a lift just yet. Way too many other critical issues to be repaired...
  3. BlueTankRanger97

Yet another seat question

Not to unhappy with the seats in my 97 extended cab, But I would like to raise them an inch or so. Is there anybody making seat risers that bolt to the existing mounts and holes?
  4. BlueTankRanger97

What causes this?

But either way, the springs are the same for the Dana 35 or the Dana 35/28 hybrid, right?
  5. BlueTankRanger97

What causes this?

Ok, So as I look at this pics of my front end, and front what I read on the Tech pages, I have a Dana 28 Hybrid? A 28 inside of a 35? With the shock mounts being to the rear...? Looking at replacing the coils. What else should I do while I am in there? Ball joint all look good and there is NO...
  6. BlueTankRanger97

What causes this?

I was thinking it was not this year model. Am I correct in thinking the earliest ones had them?
  7. BlueTankRanger97

What causes this?

Also had a guy tell me "You have a bad king pin" Do Rangers have King Pins?
  8. BlueTankRanger97

What causes this?

My vote is the whole front end is tired. Gonna get some new springs, all the way around. Leafs are original and since the shocks were, well..... I will look at the other front end components also.
  9. BlueTankRanger97

What causes this?

'97 4.0 4x4 super cab. CRAP ton of miles. Odometer says 313,000+ only 31,00 on the engine and tranny. Just got her for a song. Just did a rear brake job and shocks all the way around. Shocks were the factory original.So 313,000 miles on them, Jeez! The right side front wheel is much more out of...
  10. BlueTankRanger97

1997 4.0 4x4 "Project"

Thanks, Spent the day with Ma Nature screwing with me. Every time I tried to work on her a thunderstorm would rear up and chase me inside. Was able to get the right rear brake rebuilt. Left rear is tomorrow as well as shocks, I hope. Same weather pattern is forecast. I was able to get the Havis...
  11. BlueTankRanger97

1997 4.0 4x4 "Project"

Got the new rear window in. Last night after work. Dropped right in. Cleaned the rim with acetone and scrubbed it. Wiped the edge of the window with a little bit of acetone and laid the tape down and screwed her into place. Had a FROG CHOKER today. Freaking downpour! NO LEAKS. Successful test in...
  12. BlueTankRanger97

Newbie from KY!

She loks a lot like Courtney Cox right now. Not too bad for the milage, from a distance just don't get too close. But no rust or Bondo. Can't say the same for Old Courtney Cox.... LOL
  13. BlueTankRanger97

1997 4.0 4x4 "Project"

Didn't say I didn't like it. Make it difficult to park on a hill and noise. The previous owner's cousin did the brake job for him. You do get what you pay for.
  14. BlueTankRanger97

Newbie from KY!

Morning all. 1997 4.0 4x4 XLT long bed. JUST got her. 313,000+ miles on the odometer. 31,000+ on the Engine and Tranny. My "Project" Ranger. New rear window coming today I hope. Then start getting her ready for the road. Wish me luck!
  15. BlueTankRanger97

1997 4.0 4x4 "Project"

Thought I would start a full thread on this Project of mine. Just bought a 1997 XLT 4x4 4.0 That originally was sold new in Seattle, WA. Made its way accross the country and through 6 other owners to me here in Central KY. Odometer says 313,000+ miles but the engin and tranny have 31,000+. Runs...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad