• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by BigTirez

1. I have no fast idle speed......WHY?

It is starting to get cold and either my choke is shot or something else is wrong. The manual is confusing to say the least because it contridicts itself: "The fast idle speed, at engine start-up, is controlled by the mechanical cam and adjustment screw." "...The EEC IV system precisely...
  2. Is it OK to run my 4x4 with no no rear shaft

Now that I have some time I need to replace the rear shaft on my 84 Ranger because the joint failed at the Tcase and long story short......you get the picture. My only driver is my ranger so I am wondering if it will hurt to drive around from u-pull-it to u-pull-it looking for a new shaft with...
  3. How to remove rear yoke from Tcase

I have an 84 Ranger with, I will assume, the BW1350 Tcase. Long story made short.........the u-joint on the rear shaft at the Tcase failed yesterday while on the highway. Before it snapped and sent the shaft into the pavement it tore up the yoke pretty badly. I was able to locate a replacement...
  4. How to remove rear yoke from tCase

I have an 84 Ranger with, I will assume the BW1350, Tcase. My U-joint on the rear shaft at the Tcase failed and busted yesterday. I didn't notice the vibration cause I was pulling a POS trailer, so long story short....Before the U-joint failed it tore up the strap mounts on the yoke and is not...
  5. How do I pull codes with a test light?

People keep mentioning that I should "pull codes". Since this system doesn't utilize OBDCII how does one go about pulling codes? I don't even see a port to plug into. Someone somewhere mentioned that I could do it with a paperclip and a test light..... Any help, somebody?
  6. How do I lower my idle speed???

I am failing my emissions testing because my idle speed is too high, it has to be between 400 and 1100 rpm and I can't get this thing to idle below 1300 rpm. 84 4x4 2.8L 5-speed TK A/C -- I think it may be aftermarket, not sure Ignition timing verified @ 10°BTC with engine at operating temp...
  7. Mystery shifter --How do I fix it????

I have a 84 ranger 2.8L with (I assume) a Toyo Koygo 5 speed. The shifter handle floats all around the place even when in gear. I read the tech section about the shifter bushings. Is there a similar fix for my 84? It is so sloppy that it actually gets lost in 5th....if you don't pull the...
  8. Where is the oil pressure sending unit on 2.8?

Okay, got a set of gauges for Christmas and I cannot find the oil pressure sending unit on this thing for the life of me, the manual only tells where to find it on the 2.3L, the 2.9L and 4.0L. It is an electric meter because the last time I used a mechanical gauge the tube came off behind the...
  9. Oil Pump Shaft on Distributer install trick

Okay.....putting this thing back together and wondering what the trick is to make sure that the shaft on the distributer doesn't fall into the oil pan. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  10. Adjusting Valve lash on 2.8 ---X-mas help

I am installing new new heads and rocker shafts on my ranger and need some advice on setting valve clearance. It is a 84 2.8l, and my question is how to get the initial set-up on the adjustments. Normally I would set the engine to TDC for the number 1 and then tighten down the intake and...
  11. New Member

Hello everyone....Great site you have here. I'm coming at ya from Vancouver (Usa, not BC) Washington (state, not DC). Any local guys give me a hollar, maybe we can grab a beer!! I just became the "proud" owner of a 84 Ranger. I picked her up for $600 because she overheats, putting fresh...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad