• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by Big Josh

1. Mounting to engine stand

I am currently working on a 3.0-4.0 engine swap and had a question about mounting the engine to a stand. Does anyone know what size bolts I should buy to attach my 1992 4.0ohv engine to an engine stand?
  2. Convert R12 AC system to R134

I have a 92 4.0ohv Ranger with an old R12 ac set-up. Option one is to convert the system to R134-change compressor oil and ac fittings. The second option is to convert the entire system. I live in a wrecking yard paradise that has tons of 94 Explorers, so parts are affordable. What parts do I...
  3. 4.0ohv Removal Question

I need some insight into removing a 4.0ohv engine. I have never removed this engine and I know several people have, so I would like some advice from the experienced. It looks like I can pull this beast with the manifolds attached. Can I? Where is the best place to disconnect the exhaust for...
  4. M50D-R1 Rebuild coast

Hello out there, I am going to have my manual transmission out for a couple months while I overhaul my engine and was curious how much it would cost to have it rebuilt? I've also thought about rebuilding it myself, but not sure if I am up for it. You can get a rebuild kit for about 150 is it...
  5. 92 Ranger 4.0ohv installed into a 92 Ranger 3.0

Hello, This is my first post on this forum, but I have read many posts here and I really enjoy the TRS community and support. I recently purchased a 92 Ranger because the body and interior are in mint condition, but the truck has no engine or tranny. Once upon a time, this truck had a 3.0...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad