• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by B30004X4

1. 98+4X4 offroad factory skid plates?

I am just wondering why I see some 98 plus ford ranger 4X4s with factory skids plates. I dont see many but a few of them have the front aluminum skid plate.
  2. Heat when I remove the vaccum line to the heater control valve

Well the other day when i did my intake gaskets i noticed there was a small grey vaccum line plugged with a screw. I found out it goes to the heater control valve. I put it on and now i have no heat. But when i disconnect it i hear vaccum leaving the valve and then i have heat. What could be...
  3. 4.0 idle drops, stalls sometimes

I have a 97 4.0 that has a problem after the vehicle has reached operating temperature. The idle drops and it will stall occasionally. When i notice the rpms go down i keep my foot near the gas in case it wants to stall. I have replaced the dpfe sensor,idle air control, and cleaned the mass...
  4. tow hooks on 93-97

Just wanted to let everyone know that the article in the tech library on where to put tow hooks is not good advice if you use them at all. This past fall i put them on the bracket which is also for your bumper like the article said. This metal bracket is also wayy thinner than the frame. Anyways...
  5. My shifter reads the right gear finally

well today i was looking around in the tech library and came across an article called gear indicator adjust/ repair. Ever since i bought my 97 last year the indicator has always been off to the right like almost one gear over. Kinda annoying. So i found out like the article said my adjuster was...
  6. Just got my Skyjacker 132X Coils in

The other day i was looking around at a local pick n pull yard and came across a ranger with skjacker coils in like new condition.:headbang: So i had to have them and after some work i got them off. I paid $22 for both coils so i think i got a great deal.:icon_thumby: Put them in at school today...
  7. 4.0 Dual Exhaust

Hey I am working on putting duals on my 97 Ranger 4.0. I am going with 2.5 inch cat back with 3 inch tips that are 18 inches long coming out behind each rear tire at an angle. I have bought 14 feet of pipe already and need to make a y pipe too. I am wondering how much pipe others have needed and...
  8. Will 15X8 rims that will stick out past fenders?

I found some 15X8 rock crawler rims on craigslist with 3.75 backspacing. I have 31s that I would put on the rims. Will these rims stick out farther than my stock 15x7s?
  9. Pics of 235 BFG Muds

I just bought a 1997 Ranger 4X4 ext. cab. I currently have stock 235 tires on it. I found a good deal on some 235 BFG muds brand new. I really want to go 31X10.5 but does anyone have this size on their third generation? Thanks
  10. Blend Door Repair

Hi I was wondering if anyone can give me instructions on how to repair the blend door. I just bought the new part. I cant find anything in the tech library.
  11. How hard should it be to remove the MAF?

I tried removing my mass air flow sensor today to clean it and I cant get the screws loose. They want to strip. How can I loosen them? Anyone have this problem?
  12. What does the 4.0 OHV idle at?

How many rpms is the 4.0 OHV supposed to idle at?
  13. 1996 Ranger 2.3L 4X4

Hi I am looking at getting a regular cab 1996 Ranger 2.3L 4X4 5 speed with manual hubs and on the floor 4X4. The truck has 188,000 on it and I am wondering if anyone has expierence with these trucks. I can tell it doesnt have much power but are the 2.3L generally reliable? What kinda gas milage...
  14. Should there be noise when hubs are locked?

I am looking at getting a 96 Ranger 4X4 with manual locking hubs. I tried the truck today. I locked the hubs and there is more noise from the front when driving even if i just leave it in two wheel drive with the hubs locked. I was just driving down the road. Is this normal? I know there is more...
  15. Sold the B3000 4X4 today

I just sold my 2000 Mazda B3000 4X4 today. It was a good truck that was very dependable but I wanted more power. I do pull 12 and 14 foot boats fishing boats and with just 30X9.5 inch tires the engine could barely hold overdrive and on any type of hill forget it. I have always found when I turn...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad