• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by ap3x

1. ap3x

Another "what's my truck worth?" thread

I was offered 2500 at two separate Ford dealers on trade for a $10k-15k F-150 or 250 so I tossed it on craigslist to test my odds. What ya think? http://chicago.craigslist.org/nwc/cto/3045834090.html
  2. ap3x

Surprise hood deep at the gravel pit!

It's funny I got this on video because I just pull the phone out in case something cool happened. I did not expect this stuff to be so deep. Had I been paying attention to the camera angle, you would actually be able to see all the water in front of me instead of just what came up on the...
  3. ap3x

Carbureted Small Block in 98+

I've been going back a forth on build projects for a 2wd summer car/truck. I know I'm going to want a 302 with +/- 350hp in whatever I build. It's going to end up being an RX-7, Miata, or 4/5 dropped 98+ Ranger. What I'd like to do is pick up a block for cheap, bolt it up to a stand, and...
  4. ap3x

Beer Tap Handle Shifter. Check it.

It runs on 3 AA's. it turns on by movement (anytime the trucks running basically) and turns off when left still in an upright position (1,3,5 gears)
  5. ap3x

Got an interesting idea today...

My buddy got new 35s on his big chevy and I noticed his bushwackers look pretty sweet. I'm getting a 6" SJ class II and 33's, but my 31's are like 75% and could definitely use the resell cash towards a lift. My fenders are rotted out pretty bad. What if I were to buy some full size bushwackers...
  6. ap3x

Anyone tried the "MIP" (rubber) floor from LMC?

Didn't see anything in the search, but I would have though these would be pretty popular amongst the offroaders. They're on page 94 of the LMC online catalog. For $160 it doesn't sound too bad for a padded, molded plastic/rubber floor to drop in instead of recarpeting. What do you think?
  7. ap3x

Help deciding on lift, or just new truck...

<-- This truck. I have been planning a skyjacker 6" fr/ 4.5" rr and 3" BL with 4.56 gears and 35's for quite some time now. My total tickets about $2800. I love this truck, but I want something more out of it. I'm always the underdog at the gravel pit when it comes to the trails and mud. Plus...
  8. ap3x

HUGE build plans. A few minor concerns.

<--- This truck. It's stock right now minus 31's. Going for 6" full suspension lift kit, 3 inch body lift, and V8. I've got buddies who work at the boneyard. My plan for the engine is just to trailer home a parts truck with the complete engine trans, computer, etc. Likely will be an injected...
  9. ap3x

Body lift kit: 93-94 vs. 95-97

I've got a 94. Want to put a 3" kit on. Can't find any part numbers for rear bumper brackets. The 95-97 has them. It was my understanding that there shouldn't be a difference with a 94 and a 95. They're clearly the same bumper. So what gives?
  10. ap3x

Smelling gas...

When I shut the truck off and open the door. Gas cap seems to be a pretty easy, cheap first guess, but I haven't seen anything from searching to cause this. It's only when there's pressure in the system obviously. My filler neck was alright last time I looked at it when I was bolting my roll bar...
  11. ap3x

98+ Rear bumper on a 94.

The bumpers look the same from the back, but I know the front bumper mounts are different. I just want to make sure the rear mounts didn't change. There's a black rear bumper off a 2010 on craigs for $100 and want to replace my rusted out one I got from the junkyard a couple years ago.
  12. ap3x

Need some sort of splash guard

Seems every time I go out in the trails with my buddies, the wet stuff splashes up in my engine bay real good. Sometimes even good enough to get somethin ignition related wet causing misfiring (dries out everytime no prob). My engine bay is covered with a layer of nasty dried up dirty crap. I...
  13. ap3x

94-97 B/Ranger Fuel Doors match?

The fuel door on my B4000 is the only body rust on the truck and I know if I sand it all off and repaint it that I'll never get the paint to look good. I figure since it's all white with a lot of black accenting I'd go with a black Ranger fuel door off a junkyard truck or somethin. I'm gonna...
  14. ap3x

Stiffest front springs?

I drive a 94 reg cab short bed 4.0 5 speed 4x4 B4000 on 31's. I was planning on getting stock height replacements just for the sake of getting back that half inch or so of old spring sag, but I'm considering getting a real light duty plow setup soon. I know I will need some stiffer springs...
  15. ap3x

Code 136. 94 4.0 falling on its face under load.

I just replaced my clutch this weekend. My exhaust wouldn't unbolt so I cut it clean in between the o2's and the manifolds. Unplugged my o2's and pulled the system free. The sensor on the drivers side wasn't tightened down when I pulled it out. I cut the bolts out that held the flanges, drilled...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad