• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by allfordguy

1. OEM Alcoa 15" wheels don't fit

Problem solved! It hurts my head but the grinding was coming from the brake pad clip. It scraped off a small pile of aluminum filings and made lots of noise but was no match for my grinder. I ground off the top of the spring clip and the wheels fit perfectly. When I looked at replacement...
  2. OEM Alcoa 15" wheels don't fit

It's only on the front that the wheels don't fit. The contact is with the calipers. I had a tire guy tell me to grind off some of the calipers.
  3. OEM Alcoa 15" wheels don't fit

That's the root of my confusion. The Alcoas were optional from 2003 to 2007. Some were painted but they were all 15" with 31 x 10.5 tires. Dirtman says that there are Rangers with different size brakes. News to me.
  4. OEM Alcoa 15" wheels don't fit

Thanks for that info. That's the first I've heard that there are different brake sizes.
  5. OEM Alcoa 15" wheels don't fit

I recently purchased a 2006 Ranger FX4 Off-Road. It came with 16" rims that I don't like and so did the homework and bought a set of Alcoa 15" rims off of a Level II Ranger. Should fit right? Wheels rub on calipers. Has anyone had this issue? What's the fix?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad