• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by Alistar1776

1. 1992 2.3l Cam and valvetrain

gotcha. I appreciate the info.
  2. 2.3L ('83-'97) Curious.. Performance on a Budget: 2.3l

gotcha. Right now, im just playing with N/A power. ive heard of the 95+ rocker arm swap for more valve lift with the older cam. I wonder If the intake manifold from the 96 parts truck flows better than the factory one on the 92? More valve lift, plus better flowing intake, plus tube header with...
  3. 2.3L ('83-'97) Curious.. Performance on a Budget: 2.3l

I do wanna go turbo with it later on. And it does have a 3.45 rear gear. Could probably just pull a turbo from a powerstroke out of a junk yard, grab the manifold off ebay for $150 i think, and fab the charge tubing if you have the means. lol
  4. 2.3L ('83-'97) Curious.. Performance on a Budget: 2.3l

So, I have a 96 Ranger for a parts truck for my 92. Im curious if the intake on the 96 2.3, will flow better than the intake on the 92 2.3? Can the EGR be deleted without swapping the whole harness and ECU? I got lucky on the exhaust side, PO put in a shorty header and deleted cats on the 96 :)...
  5. 92 Ranger Turn Signal bugs

Yep, thats exactly whats going on. Ill go thru locating the ground issue when I have more time.
  6. 92 Ranger Turn Signal bugs

Update: Success!! ish... Driver side signal works. Lights off, i have front and rear turn signal flashing at a normal pace. Heres where the ish comes in. Lights on, The flash is slower. once every 2 to 3 seconds id say, versus every second. So ive no doubt theres another bug somewhere.
  7. 92 Ranger Turn Signal bugs

Before I did the socket, I had gone over every ground I could find in the engine bay and cleaned them up, So ill rule those out for now. Ill have to swap the socket back once I get more connectors, as the socket I put in is from a 95, and doesnt fit in the 92 housing. I didnt realize it before...
  8. 92 Ranger Turn Signal bugs

Update: swapped in another socket on the driver side, still the same issue as before. could it be the switch in on the dash? its one that pulls out a click for dash and running lights, and a second click for headlights
  9. 92 Ranger Turn Signal bugs

will do. Itll be a project for this weekend, so ill be a few days till my next update in the thread.
  10. 92 Ranger Turn Signal bugs

Noted. And I learned the hard way on those scotch-lock connectors, used one when I installed a tach in the truck. Only worked about a week before breaking the connection.
  11. 92 Ranger Turn Signal bugs

Bulbs were in the sockets, yes Edit: and in the problem socket, I did see power thru black, only when running lights/headlights were on.
  12. 92 Ranger Turn Signal bugs

Update: Ive gone thru and cleaned any ground i could find, then proceeded with testing with a test light. Fancy one, also gives me voltage readings :D anyway, i digress. Passenger side signal socket still has factory wire loom, so great for comparison. Functions as normal, brown wire runs...
  13. 92 Ranger Turn Signal bugs

Not to my knowledge. If it does, it was installed by previous owner some 10 years ago lol.
  14. 92 Ranger Turn Signal bugs

Noted. Ill check those areas and post if I find anything.
  15. 92 Ranger Turn Signal bugs

So, I'm stumped. Passenger side turn signal works great, both headlights on and off. With headlights/running lights off on the driver side, i get only the front signal. With headlights/running lights on, on the driver side, I get no turn signal at all, and the indicator on the dash remains...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad