• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by Alex98

1. 07 Sohc wiring harness conversion

It's been a while since I've logged on. So howdy everyone good to be back. I have recently aqquired an 07 sohc to replace the 03 I originally installed a while back into my ranger. However the wiring harness has 3 connectors to the pcm and 2 connectors to the main body. I'm trying to come up...
  2. Axle Seal Replacement + Other questions

Alright I posted a while back on doing a explorer axle swap, which is done. Have everything up and running except for the ebrake cables I know it has to be done a bit differently from the stock cable setup but I don't know exactly how to set it up. It's not really in the guide which btw is very...
  3. Expo Axle Swap, Rusty tube section. (Sticker Rust)

So I went out and picked up an expo axle. It was a bit rusty but mostly just surface rust. However right by the sticker on the passenger side it ate a bit into the axle tubing. It's enough to be concerned about as I don't really know the axle tube thickness. It's a shame really it's really low...
  4. SKF vs Timken Bearings

I am buying new bearings for my live axle swap. Simply put Timken or SKF and why, if you could please.
  5. Stock Alignment Bolt Question

I've been reading up on the stock alignment bolts and they don't really seem to be adjustable. I'm doing an alignment to it pretty soon. I'm wondering why is it that these bolts can't be aligned properly or very well? Is it that the bolts themselves are shaped in such a way that they can't be...
  6. Oil pressure switch making me scratch my head...

Alright I have swapped the 03 sohc into the ranger and got it started and it runs well. Anyway I have no oil pressure at the gauge. It goes into a ready mode and moves off the needle but when started does not move. I got another oil pressure sender (not a 03, i think its a 99) off an sohc, but...
  7. A/c compressor replacement questions

Alrighty I'm replacing the a/c compressor and was wondering how much oil goes into the replacement compressor and of which type? Pag, etc. any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
  8. 4.0L sohc vacuum diagram

I've searched and I don't see anything on this in the technical section at all. Does anyone have the vacuum hose diagram and possibly for all the breather tubes as well?
  9. Found this while doing an oil pan gasket..

So i drained the oil and pulled the pan and found this.. Engine info: 2003 4.0L SOHC (38,XXX miles) Anyway, I did an engine swap to my old 98 ranger 4.0 OHV to 4.0L SOHC I put 38,XXX miles on it, so this draws me to believe that it is a very slow coolant leak inside the engine. Head gasket...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad