• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by 96splash!

1. 96splash!

1996 2.3 5 speed transmission questions

Hey guys, multi part question here. Im leaking transmission fluid and have some clunking going on. I just did the transmission mount. I need a transmission crossmember. Bushings are shot and bolts are siezed. What years specifically have the L shaped solid mount? While im there i was going to do...
  2. 96splash!

Fiberglass tonneau install assistance.

Whew. Work us kept me from doing anything fun lately. I haven't been able to I'd it at all. I know it needs a new pop out t handle and lock, shocks, and seals lol. When I get home I'll look at the underside of it
  3. 96splash!

Fiberglass tonneau install assistance.

I found a used fiberglass bed cover. How did these install? Looks like I just need to replace the shocks and lock and I should be good. Anyone have any pics of his it mounts to the bed?
  4. 96splash!

New tires for 96 splash question

Update: they sure fit, perfectly. They look really good too.
  5. 96splash!

Perfect! Thank you!
  6. 96splash!

Blew a tire night before last. Now I'm tire shopping. Stock ride hight, soon to have a 2 inch front leveling kit installed. 15x7 splash rims. Truck should have 235/60r15's PO put on 215/70r15s Can I run 235/70's or 225/70 or 75's? Some posts say yes, some say no so I'm super confused. Thank...
  7. 96splash!

2.3L ('83-'97) Exhaust bolt help!

I do not have access to a tap, dose anyone know what thread the manifold is from the factory?
  8. 96splash!

Thank you guys for responding. If they were studs, the a po must have drilled them out. They are bolts, 5/8th head size. I'll have to figure something out.
  9. 96splash!

I got a 1996 two-wheel drive ranger with a 2.3 l. I desperately need to replace the two bolts that hold the catalytic converter to the exhaust manifold. But nowhere has them for sale and I cannot find any data on the thread size can anyone help me please
  10. 96splash!

Manifold to pipe threaded?

1996 2.3l Manifold to pipe threaded? Trying to replace the catalytic converter..
  11. 96splash!

Gauge cluster swap, coolant temps off.

Hey everyone, I just did cluster swap last weekend. I'm guessing the gauge cluster I out of a 99ish explorer. My coolant temp gauge is stuck halfway, it bobs up and down but it stays at half. Am I correct that a coolant temp sensor is what I need to solve?
  12. 96splash!

2.3L ('83-'97) Airbox options

Probably best best :(
  13. 96splash!

Needs to accommodate the 3(or 4?) Sensors. I'll check on break, but it might.
  14. 96splash!

Just picked up a 96, 2.3l 5speed sport. Been sitting for a few years. Working on tracking down vaccume leaks. The intake tube from the box to the throttlebody is pretty trashy and rotted. None in my local salvage yards look much better. The actual filter box looks good. What are options to...
  15. 96splash!

96 ranger splash springs and shocks question

I'm for sure replacing the front coil springs and shocks all the way around. As far as I can tell the splash package sometimes has 1 inch shorter springs that are a little stiffer. I for a 96 my ranger rides very low. I'll check out the kyb shocks. Leaf springs may be next. Dunno yet.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad