• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by 95RangerAK

1. 95RangerAK

4x4 pulls

my truck drives fine. in 2wd. but when i have the hubs locked it makes a shutter noise from the front right wheel. when i have the hubs locked and it in 4wd it pulls hard to the right and on bumps it makes that noise. ive check my wheel bearings and my hubs fine, u joints need replacing but that...
  2. 95RangerAK

tranny help

ok, so Ive got the original transmission for my 95 4.0 sitting in my garage. Ive got a transmission from a 99 ford explorer in my truck right now but it is harsh on the gear shifting and the gear ratio is weird. I wanna go back to the original but I was wondering what types of things I could do...
  3. 95RangerAK

my truck sags in front.

so my truck sags in front. like the shocks are shot. but i replaced the shocks and the truck still sags in front. bad. like its got a rake on it. ive got lift shackles in the rear but that shouldnt make the front sag down right? anyways if anyone has a solution to stop my truck from sagging...
  4. 95RangerAK

need some advice on engine problems...

I know its weird to say but my truck breaths weird, i mean it idles oddly, like vrm,vrm,vrm,vrm,vrm, really quickly untill i touch the gas. i took my airfilter and airbox/hose off and it still did it. any ideas? keep in mind this is my second engine out of a explorer, put in by me... it was also...
  5. 95RangerAK

skyjacker 2 inch leveling coils...

just bought em, looked in the tech library but there wasnt any good pictures... anyone done this before? what all am i going to need to get? tools? pictures? advice?:icon_confused:
  6. 95RangerAK

8.8 lockers

i got a ranger with a 8.8 27 or 29 spline or whatever, i also have a ford explorer 8.8 that is 31 spline. they both have the gears 3.73, and my question is this, can a locker be installed in one axle and also fit the other because they are both 8.8s?
  7. 95RangerAK

99 motor vacuum leak

i got a 99 ford explorer 4.0 in my 95 ranger and it has a vacuum leak somewhere, idles around 1500-2500rpms. i know when doing the swap that the explorer had vacuum operated hubs and so there was a extra line but i put a screw in that and taped it all up real good and nice. what else could be...
  8. 95RangerAK

89 honda accord batt/charging system prob.

so my buddy has a 89 honda accord dx 5 spd, he just got it it has been sitting for a while but the owner just bought a new battery. he drove it for a few days and it was fine, then last night it started dying, it wouldnt start and we were able to push start it but it died again, like the...
  9. 95RangerAK

exploder 1 peice ds into ranger?

so is it possible to swap a 99 4dr exploder one peice driveshaft into a 95 x cab ranger? i hear 1 peices are better if you are gonna lift it a lil bit...
  10. 95RangerAK

egr/ performance mods help

ok, so i put a 99 exploder 4.0 in my ranger and it runs but it could use some work, i wanna give it a full tune up and do some performance mods, specifically new intake, headers, and maybe if i am feeling special dig into the engine as it is not my dd. my question is this, is disabling the egr...
  11. 95RangerAK

shackle Bolt Wont Come Out

on mine once we got the nut off i had to air hammer that sucker out. same on a explorer i was working on. i would try using a punch and hammer if you dont have a air hammer... good luck.
  12. 95RangerAK

7.5 into explorer in place of 8.8

my 8.8 ranger with3.73s and trac lock?? so i have i 99 ford explorer that was totalled and i took the engine and tranny and put them in my ranger. now i have the task of removing the 8.8, but its not that simple. the explorer is sitting at my college shop and it cant stay there for ever so i...
  13. 95RangerAK

0 oil pressure?

got a 95 ford ranger that hydrolocked the engine. put in a 98 explorer 4.0 and now it works, runs and drives, but every now and then when it warms up the oil pressure drops to zero. what did i do wrong and what can i do?
  14. 95RangerAK

daystar and coils?

any body ever put on the daystar coil spacers and skyjacker leveling coils at the same time? would this work to give me roughly 4 inches? any problems with doing this?
  15. 95RangerAK

5r55e rebuild

how hard is it to rebuild a 5r55e? got one that was in my ranger but it overheated untill i blew the engine. now is sitting in my shop class am i am thinking about having it rebuilt before swapping it for a 4 speed thats in it now. but how hard is it do do? is it something i can tackle by myself?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad