• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by '92Custom

1. 1992 Ford Ranger Custom 5MT 4.0 RWD Project for Sale

1992 Ford Ranger Custom Project for Sale - Located in Sterling, VA 20164. Longtime forum member selling. Tons of modifications & enhancements. Needs head gasket. Asking $2,000 OBO, please review full ad. CONTACT INFO: If you are going to text or e-mail, mention "Teal green" so I will know you...
  2. Help with 1992 4.0 OHV rear main seal

I'm in the middle of a multi-week project on my Ranger. Among other things, I need to replace the clutch, flywheel, and rear main seal. In reading about the rear main seal, a few people have mentioned using a tool to seat the seal. Others have said it is not necessary but I don't want to risk a...
  3. Excess fuel consumption and check engine light on '92 4.0L Ranger

1992 Ford Ranger 4.0L OHV For the last year or two I've been getting 17.5 MPG almost every tank (mixed city/highway). Lately I've had an intermittent check engine light that shows up after the engine is hot, and fuel economy has plummeted to around 10-12 MPG, which is bad enough to make me...
  4. Corner markers, tail lights, and dash illumination issues

Currently my Ranger is my only vehicle, and recently it has developed electrical issues that make it unusable at night. Given that it is getting to be winter and days are short, I need to resolve this issue as soon as I can. I've been tinkering a bit at a time to figure it out but am now at a...
  5. Worth swapping to a Grand Marquis axle to get limited slip?

I have access to a Grand Marquis 8.8 axle. It's a coil spring setup so I'd need to weld on new spring perches. I'm waiting to hear back on the axle ratio. It's a limited slip so that would save me having to set up the gears to get LS. I don't mind the welding I'm just wondering if anyone is...
  6. Best use of a 31-spline posi carrier?

I picked up a used 8.8" limited slip carrier which I thought was out of a Ranger. Cost me $50, and looks to be in decent shape (not really sure what I'm looking at but the clutch packs are there and appear to be intact). Anyway, I was planning to use this for a future differential build, as...
  7. 98 and newer coil spring code survey

I'm helping a friend with some research for his 2WD 98 Ranger, 3.0 with AC. His door tag is missing so we don't know his spring code. We want to stiffen up the front a bit with new springs so we can disconnect the sway bar without having too much body roll. He will be using for mild off-road...
  8. Finding out if I have 28-spline or 31-spline axle shafts

Truck is a 1992 Ford Ranger Custom, 4.0L V6, 5-speed manual transmission, 2wd. Has the original axle I believe and it's an 8.8 rear end. How can I tell if it has 31 spline or 28 spline axle shafts without taking it apart? Or do I have to take it apart to see?
  9. Question: 2wd vs. 4wd coil springs, V6 vs. 4-banger

I swapped my front coil springs for Skyjackers on my 1992 Ranger Supercab. It's the 4.0 model so I figure if Ford used different spring ratings, this would have had the stiffest springs to start with. My question is what are my old springs good for? I'd hate to just throw them out if I could...
  10. Headlights (brights) go out after a while

1992 Ranger Custom 4.0 - don't know if any of that makes a difference. When driving with my brights on, after several minutes they go out. As in, no headlights. Anywhere from 3 to 15 seconds later they come back on, but only for a 2 or 3 minutes. This cycle continues, as if something is...
  11. Cat-back Exhaust System, $40...

Apparently this fits most '83-'92 Rangers, and since I need a new muffler and tailpipe I decided to order it: http://www.streetsideauto.com/p/dynomax-super-turbo-cat-back-17464/ $105, and Dynomax has a $75 mail-in rebate going on right now for cat-back systems. Here's the rebate form download...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad