• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by 89_Black_Beast

1. 89_Black_Beast

2001 mountaineer 5.0 to carb??

2001 mountaineer efi 5.0 to carb?? Need some help for those who have been there done that. I have a 86 ranger with a 87 302 roller from a mustang installed and driving but I have some crank walk/thrust bearings going on with my current motor... I found a Gt-40 2001 mountaineer complete motor...
  2. 89_Black_Beast

Craigslist 302 find... help, good or bad??

I currently have a 302 with crankwalk in a 86 regcab shortbed. I have been debating 331 stroker rebuild and came across this? I'm very mechanically inclined but by no means book smart on parts and such... Help me make a smart decision yay or neh... He is asking $2,500 for it as is... List of...
  3. 89_Black_Beast

Vibration when locked into 4wd

I was out wheeling a couple weeks ago...no issues... Last night we got some snow I locked into 4 wheel and there was a bad vibrating noise coming from the front end! There was some a little mud still pasted in the inside of my I-beams so I washed the remaining mud out...No change in the noise...
  4. 89_Black_Beast

Jonny joints Or keep poly bushings

I was going to delete the poly bushings for jonny's so that I can lower the radius arms a little to correct caster and have better flex. After reading another thread some guys like the polys cause they ride better and this is my winter DD.... I don't want to make the truck ride any worse... I'm...
  5. 89_Black_Beast

Pics of heim or jonny joint radius arms

Looking for some pic trying to see what others have done. Want to see if I need to order anything else and if I'm doing it right. Thanx yaader
  6. 89_Black_Beast

Good clutch for wheeling and a winter dd?

My truck sees the road everyday in the winter but in the summer its a weekend wheeler. Whats a good aftermaket clutch for a 4.0, 35's, 4.56's. What are some of you guys running? I need wisdom from people that have been there done that sort of thing... pros and cons thanks yaader
  7. 89_Black_Beast

small 2.9 clutch, throw out, and slave in a 2.3L m5od

I have a clutch, throw out, and slave cyl sitting around with very low miles on it from a 2.9 fm146. I know its not worth the time to put a 8.75" 2.9 clutch behind a 4.0 but how would it hold up behind a 2.3? I drive it pretty hard...but then again it is a four cylinder... I wouldn't normally...
  8. 89_Black_Beast

92 stiff clutch and suddering take off

I got a 92 2.3 and the clutch is really stiff. I have a 89' with a swap 4L and that clutch is a breeze... I read some posts and I should open the bleeder when depressing the pedal and see if it gets easier, if it does than its in the bell, if not its the master correct? Also when I take off...
  9. 89_Black_Beast

What is the hp chip bs???

Check out this on ebay. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MAC-RACING-CHIP-Ford-Ranger-92-93-94-95-96-97-89-99-00_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33553QQihZ003QQitemZ130176456423QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW What the hell is this bs??
  10. 89_Black_Beast

Another 4.0 dual question

I have a 4 oh, pacesetter headers and y-pipe right now. I can't cut the y-pipe/cat flange off becasue I need to bolt the OEM y-pipe back exhaust on...inspection reasons. I am going to use a spare cat flange and adapt a y-splitter to it. Then the pacesetter y-pipe will act like a equalizer and...
  11. 89_Black_Beast

Hesitation at W.O.T

I have a 89' with a 92 4.0L in it. Was out wheeling two weekends ago and the truck ran great all the way up there and when I was wheeling. I got stuck in traffic on the way home all was good until the traffic broke up. I took off WOT (wide open throttle) and my truck hesitated. It runs great...
  12. 89_Black_Beast

Couple Videos From This weekend at Rausch Creek, Pa

These are vids of the Ranger playing in the mud. My buddies thinking they are gonna get me stuck! ha... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7BLDzw0VGE http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wjfu2bbOe3A (you gotta make it look like a challenge for their sake...)http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjhcLXLYYaI...
  13. 89_Black_Beast

Runnin open headers

I got an 89' with a 4L in it. I am running pacesetter headers with the o2 sens in y-pipe. Would running open headers hurt the motor at all? I would take off the exhaust where the y-pipe comes together at the cat. Yea i know about the fumes being under the cab and all that so I don't need input...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad