• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by 85TurboDangler

1. Which 2.3 are exchangeable?

I think it would have to be a 2.3 turbo diesel I’ve got the 2.3 turbo gas out of the thunderbird. Rules say that the engine has to be out of a truck if it’s going into a truck, same thing for cars.
  2. Which 2.3 are exchangeable?

Gotcha would you happen to know anything about California laws? I have a 2.3 turbo from a thunderbird in the truck right now but that’s a no no for Cali so I’m going back to the original engine. I’m wondering if there would be any discrepancies if I went the route I’m thinking of. I know it’s a...
  3. Which 2.3 are exchangeable?

So what you’re saying is as long as I get a 2.3 block before 94, I could configure the engine into an engine from an 85? My original plan was the completely tear the engine down to the block and start the engine from scratch with new heads and everything anyways
  4. Which 2.3 are exchangeable?

I’m looking to replace the 2.3 in my 85 Ranger and I’m looking for a direct replacement for the sake of California smog. I’ve seen some 85 2.3s out of a Topaz but I’m wondering if that would be a good replacement. Or could I go to pick n pull and get one out of an 94 Ranger? Any help would be...
  5. 2.3 turbo swap

So I’ve obtained an 85 Ford ranger with a 2.3 turbo swapped in coming from a same year thunderbird. I’ve been fixing it up and I’ve encountered a small problem; the state of California. Without the generic, “Move out of California” answer, can anyone give me some solid advice on what to go for...
  6. Need help

Honestly I’m about to move out of this hellhole.
  7. Need help

If you could elaborate on that I would greatly appreciate it. I’ve never heard of those options. I’m not too well versed on Californian laws and I was told that it wasn’t allowed cause of the turbo but now that you guys say it’s just the engine, it makes more sense.
  8. Need help

From what the referee said, the problem is that it’s from a car to a truck, since there wasn’t a turbo gas engine that year, it’s not allowed. I called a smog station and I didn’t mention that it came out of a car and he said it’s depending on whether a sticker on the engine allows it to be in...
  9. Need help

Only thing he told me was it had to be a swap with a truck in the same weight class. He said since they didn’t have turbos in the 85 ranger I couldn’t have it and the main problem was it was a swap from a car to a truck.
  10. Need help

Need some advice for a build I’ve got from my dad. I live in California and the ranger I’ve got from my dad has 2.3 turbo from a same year thunderbird. I called a referee and was told that is illegal to a new law passed in 2018. So does anyone have advice on what to do? Is there any loopholes I...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad