• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by 85Rangerr

1. 85Rangerr

Thermostat seal

I removed the thermostat from my truck and noticed there was no gasket. It looked like someone used silicone before instead of a gasket. I ordered a new gasket for the thermostat but it does not fit. At this point I just want to use silicone or RTV, is this okay to do?
  2. 85Rangerr

Accelerator pump

I believe this is it. Its made of plastic
  3. 85Rangerr

Accelerator pump

4. 85Rangerr

Accelerator pump

one top picture is before i rebuilt my carb and the other one is after. It looks like im missing a piece for the accelerator pump
  5. 85Rangerr

Missing pcv valve. Where does it get routed??

Not sure which one is correct. Also: I believe this fits on the rocker arm cover??
  6. 85Rangerr

Missing pcv valve. Where does it get routed??

I am missing my pcv valve. Didn't have one when I bought it. Can anyone explain where you connect both ends. I've looked online for a new pcv valve and i see a couple different looking ones. If anyone has a picture of what theirs looks like that would be very helpful. Thank you.
  7. 85Rangerr

Cylinder Head Removal-Help/Tips/Suggestions

I just bought a 1985 ranger with 135k mi that has been sitting for a few years, a relative of the previous owner got it running to sell the truck. My plan is to replace all the gaskets because the engine is caked in oil so its impossible to tell where it's leaking. I started tearing down the...
  8. 85Rangerr

Intake manifold and cyl. head full of carbon buildup.

Can someone tell me what this passage goes to? I understand that it's part of the intake. I just bought this 1985 ranger and this is my first time taking apart an engine this far. After removing the intake manifold I found one of these passages is clogged with what I assume is a ton of carbon...
  9. 85Rangerr

How Do I Remove Distributor?

thank you. I didn't see the bolt back there
  10. 85Rangerr

How Do I Remove Distributor?

I am new to all of this. I can't figure out how to remove my distributor. I need some help thanks.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad