• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by 4BangerDangerRanger

1. My Tach is not accurate. 95 B4000 4.0 4x4

Anyone have an idea what would happen if on a 95, instead of cutting the tan yellow wire and connecting it to the rpm wire for the tach, you spliced into it? Would it read half rpm?
  2. 2.3L ('83-'97) Autogage Tachometer wiring

I had a similar issue with a tachometer from jegs for my 95, reading exactly half rpm. Something with the DIS waste spark ignition system, possibly part of your issue, I had to return the tach today because I couldn’t get it to work
  3. JEGS Tachometer reading 1/2 rpm speed

60mph in 5th it’s reading 1000
  4. JEGS Tachometer reading 1/2 rpm speed

Yeah I get that, when I take this one out I’m just going to pull the wires out of the dash and cut my connections and label them, then I can test my next one I get, does anyone have any recommendations?
  5. JEGS Tachometer reading 1/2 rpm speed

Yes I’ve done all of this down to the atom. So I should set up a return?
  6. JEGS Tachometer reading 1/2 rpm speed

Yea I’ve been to that exact website, if you read it and scroll down to the year of my truck you will see an explanation of what I did, on jegs tachometers there are purple or green and I tried both and only purple gives me a read
  7. JEGS Tachometer reading 1/2 rpm speed

Well I’ve done plenty of that and found which wire to splice and I spliced into the correct one, isn’t there only one rpm wire? It wouldn’t make sense to have multiple. If I’m getting any reading at all I must be on the right wire, right?
  8. JEGS Tachometer reading 1/2 rpm speed

So what would this mean for me and my tach
  9. JEGS Tachometer reading 1/2 rpm speed

What is a waste spark system?
  10. JEGS Tachometer reading 1/2 rpm speed

Where would I find a gearing chart?
  11. JEGS Tachometer reading 1/2 rpm speed

Hm does this mean it’s reading correctly and my rev limiter is set at 3k-something?
  12. JEGS Tachometer reading 1/2 rpm speed

Is it normal for my truck to idle at 500 rpm??? This can’t be right, right? That’s one of the main reasons I thought it was reading half because my idle speed is so low and drops below 500 which isn’t even possible I’m pretty sure, right?
  13. JEGS Tachometer reading 1/2 rpm speed

Pretty sure this is in the automatics only

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad