• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by 4.6StangRage

1. Disassembling an Explorer 8.8? I have an odd question for you.

I have a favor for anyone who has an explorer 8.8 install project. If you have the hub removed can you measure the vertical spacing in a manner like this. it would be greatly appreciated. I am thinking of using the rear disc brakes from an Explorer on my 1976 280Z and i need to see if it will...
  2. Chinook RV ranger 2.3t project idea

My friend has a Chinook RV project and here are the requirements. *Preferably a light truck *Reliable *minimum of 20 miles/ gallon *Should not require too much engine or suspension modifications that require excessive fabrication *2 wheel drive, manual 5 speed *Full floater rear end * Must...
  3. Ranger With sprung under leafs -- have questons

I have a 1993 Ranger with an explorer 8.8. The spring pads are in the stock location. I need to get it back to factory or near factory ride height,Will this tutorial work for my setup even though it is sprung under? http://www.therangerstation.com/Magazine/winter2008/axle_flip.htm
  4. Ranger With sprung under leafs need solutions for 3-4" lift.

I have a 1993 Ranger 2WD with a 1997 Explorer rear end. I installed my explorer axle without flipping the spring pads.I want to lift the rear by 3-4 inches without using shackles. I have a pair of 2" shackles under there and I am not happy with the wheel hop. I do not want to flip the spring...
  5. modifying the A/C panel in 1993/1994 Rangers

Hey everyone, I have a broken A/C panel on my Ranger and I need to replace it. How I like to replace things is by replacing defective parts with even better parts (like my two piston brake swap). From my understanding is that newer Rangers (95 and up) have vacuum operated heat and A/C where my...
  6. Two piston brakes swap question

I have a 1993 Ranger and I need new brakes in the front. I was thinking of replacing the front brake setup with the 1995-1997 two piston setup. Btw, I am planning on upgrading the engine so i would figure brakes would be a good idea to start. Do you guys think the upgrade would be worth the...
  7. 1997 4wd Explorer front spindles on a '93 Ranger 2wd?

I know someone who is parting out a 1997 Explorer 4wd ( same as my rear axle) and I was wondering if the 4x4 spindles are compatible? If not , can they be made to work? thanks
  8. 4wheel drive transfer case on a 2WD

My friend gave me n interesting idea one day. I live in the foothils and sometimes my 2.3L has trouble getting out of steep areas. My friend was thinking that if i got a transfer case and installed it onto my transmission that would be a good solution. He was explaining that if shifted into...
  9. My Write-up: Expo Axle swap-No welding necessary

I purchased an axle from this shop that buys damaged vehicles and parts them out into other vehicles which need the corresponding parts. They offered $300 for the axle initially then eventually talked it down to $200. It was a direct swap; no welding done at all. I even was able to get the...
  10. '93 Ranger Rear lift or front drop?

I have a '93 Ranger with an explorer axle that is still sprung under. Initially I had clearance issues in the rear until I bolted up some 2" lifting shackles on the leafs. It fixed it so it doesn't look hideous, but it is still a tad low. without modifying the axle, how can I (cost effectively)...
  11. '93 Ranger charging system issues

First of all My alternator charges, but it is working improperly. One day I noticed my battery idiot light and my voltage meter moving from normal to low volts. I drove it about 14 miles total and had no driving issues what so ever. I realized that during initial idle it was not charging but...
  12. 1993 Ranger XLT 2.3L 4x2 to 4x4 conversion

I have a 1993 Ranger XLT 2.3L, This is just an inquiry for future reference, but I was wondering on how to, or if is possible to convert my 2.3L manual to a 4wd? I was told that Explorer components such as the front axle and such would be a direct bolt in for my year of Ranger. I did search and...
  13. Newer Mazda B-Series Bed on my '93 Ranger

I like the flares on the Mazda B-Series bed, but I dont like the taillights so much. I want that bed but with Ranger taillights. How difficult would that be to mod? Personally I wouldn't think so but I am not sure.
  14. Starter Questions

this is my scenario, my bendix gear/starter drive is all chewed up yet my starter seems to still work fine. Is there a way to replace the gear on the starter because I see this part online and I would rather do this than buy new. here is the part ACDELCO Part # F2006 More Info {#19106549} any...
  15. Replacing Flywheel got questions

Okay here is my scenario, I got a 1993 Ranger XLT 2.3L Manual and I am about to replace the flywheel and starter or just the starter drive/bendix gear but ill get on to that on another thread. Does anyone have any advice for removing the transmission and whatever is involved in this. I plan on...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad