• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

1997 ford ranger component location

finsfan092001

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
My rabs light is constantly on, i have read so many varying accounts of how to make the light flash the diagnostics code i was wondering if anyone has a definate answer, ive found this connector on the outside of power dist. box but grounding appears to do nothing. any help would be appreciated.

is this the right wire, thanks
pat

finsfan092001

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
fixed

After having difficulties i used the Mitchell on Demand program(like alldata) at auto tech class and found that the connector was located behind my right kick panel. I grounded the wire which then told me there was a speed something issue. I took the bed off to do a sending unit so while i was at it i took out the differential speed sensor and cleaned it with brake clean. That appears to have solved the prroblem the light is now off.

RedRangerSTX

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L V6
Transmission
Manual
location of connector

I also have a '97 ranger with the RABS yellow light on. I have not been able to locate the test connector, only the one on the power distribution block that you took a picture of. Possibly the '97s were different than the '96 and older models. You mentioned that you found the connector under your right kick panel. Do you mean the kick panel on the passenger side of the truck? Thanks.

finsfan092001

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Yes i removed the plastic kcik panel on my passangers side inside was a conector with one wire coming in on each side, i unclipped the conector and grounded the orange.black connector, this started my light flashing, make sure that the key is in the on position.

finsfan092001

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
I changed the differential speed sensor and unfortunetly the light is still on. the code that flashed up i believe flashed 13 times + if i can count correctly. looking on the cahrt this appeaears to be the Program Check code. Anyone know how to fix this or diagnose. I may have miscounted which would have made it the speed processor check?> Any help?

RedRangerSTX

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L V6
Transmission
Manual
Found Connector

Thanks for the heads up. The connector was under the passenger side kick panel on my truck as well. I was looking for it on the complete wrong side of the cab all along...

FL_forlife33

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
Diff. speed sensor

After having difficulties i used the Mitchell on Demand program(like alldata) at auto tech class and found that the connector was located behind my right kick panel. I grounded the wire which then told me there was a speed something issue. I took the bed off to do a sending unit so while i was at it i took out the differential speed sensor and cleaned it with brake clean. That appears to have solved the prroblem the light is now off.
Is the differential speed sensor on top of the rear differential? Should I just try and clean it first before trying the ABS light grounding thing to diagnose it?

firefighter

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Transmission
Manual
Is the differential speed sensor on top of the rear differential? Should I just try and clean it first before trying the ABS light grounding thing to diagnose it?
I'd run the codes. Sound's more easy to do, and you wont be waisting your time cleaning something that might not need it.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals