• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

my B2

NMB2

July 2010 OTOTM Winner
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.0 V8
Transmission
Automatic
EDIT: UPDATED 6July2010

Specs:
1984 Bronco II
Engine - 340hp 5.0/Derale fan/3core rad, hand throttle
Drivetrain - fully built C5/artcarr rock-gate/1354/1354M Doubler. HP60F: 5.13/Spool/4340 35spline inners and outters/Slugs/Hi-steer/Ballistic cover/Ram Gaurd/PSC full hydro steering w/ saginaw pump. D60R: 5.13/spool/35spline shafts/Ballistic cover
Suspension - Trailgear leafs, 104" WB, Rancho 9012's, Blue Torch 4ply limit straps
Tires/Wheels - 40" iroks, marsh racing 15x10 beadlocks
Armor/body - halfbacked/dovetailed/fully caged, flatbelly skidplate, stinger bumper
Lighting/Electrical - composite headlight housings w/ silverstars, hella 5900k driving lights, 4" rock lights, 4" LED tails, Dual Optima yellowtops, 2000w inverter
Fuel - 8.5Gal JAZ fuel cell with rollover valve and Walbro pickups, electric fuel pump
Recovery - Warn M8000 winch with 100ft synthetic rope and spidertrax alum. fairlead
Seating - Corbeau seats with 4pt harnesses
Extras - On-Board Air 150psi max, jerry can, ammo box storage, Uniden 510 CB radio

Ive never made a build page here on TRS so I figured I would beings I am about to get the building process kicked back into high gear so I have somewhere to consolidate it rather than the show-off forum. I had a fairly detailed build at rrorc so I will just cross post straight from there without editing for the purposes of Tech, and the add on from where I left off.

basically... this is how my B2 has been for quite awhile..

dana crappy in the front, ford 9 in the rear. locked both ends. doubler.. 35's.. blah blah.

been collecting parts for quite awhile and just in the last week decided i need to get this thing done finally so i started dropping some cash on stuff to get it done.

tires

60's front and rear... front is from 97 F350 which i got free last november, rear is from 84 or something F250. 35spline, 5.13s, welded.

had an electric shift on the crawlbox for the last 2yrs.. got sick of the motor fawking up, having to manually shift it from under the truck half the time. finally found a manual 1354...

pulled crawlbox apart the other night to inspect/clean up.

Mated the cases together, welded a nut to the shift lever and a bolt to the bottom of some 1/2" solid rod i had laying around.

Trail-Gear leafs front and rear

the fronts will push me forward about 2.5". the rears with some bracket relocation will push me back 7"-7.5"

Ballistic delivered covers and thread inserts/heims today..

ran out of wire just as i was finishing up.. hate when that happens.

finished the t-case stuff up last night. that shifter was kind of a bitch to make.. but I got it done.

has 3 bends in it. one of which goes 2 ways in the same spot.

got a shift handle for it and here we go

may add a boot or something.. or maybe not. in that picture its in 4low. when in 2hi it lays all the way back.

filled up all the cases w/ amsoil and hit the trail today for a little bit of a shakedown. it is so much nicer with a manual rear case vs electric.

oh and btw, i found the spring hangers, ford still sells them, they are roughly $35 each... alot more than i wanted to spend on them but... $140 is worth it instead of having to go grind some off i guess.

Last edited:

NMB2

July 2010 OTOTM Winner
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.0 V8
Transmission
Automatic
got some work on it done today. rear is about 90% done. I need to move rear shackle hangers and maybe move shock mounts.

Out with the old!!

get in the new leaf springs

Mock up the new axle

Weld perches

all together and pulled out

not sure if the shock mounting will work, i think i put the lowers to close together, will check the angle on the shocks after it gets lowered a bit.

way to verticle.. will chop off hanger and move it forward a few inches.

other than that... the rear is complete.. i drove it around the parking lot and w/ the new axle gears, it has even more "pickup" than it did before.

NMB2

July 2010 OTOTM Winner
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.0 V8
Transmission
Automatic
finished up the rear today.

moved shackle hangers forward, did brakes, tightened all the bolts. Chopped frame off and started boxing it. then played around with the forklift and out in the back lot.

NMB2

July 2010 OTOTM Winner
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.0 V8
Transmission
Automatic
no new pictures worth anything but this is how its sitting now.

Today i ordered front gears/install/locker. 35spline stubs, hubs (almost wish i would of gotten slugs) and joints. my buddy down at waterjet cutting made my cad and cut my hi-steer arms, and mcbride finished the shackle hangers.

now i just have to find time... Im slammed at work all of a sudden:cool:

and this saturday Im stuck at the V.A spraying some water tubs..

i might be able to start on it sunday. Plan to have this thing done within 2 weeks.

NMB2

July 2010 OTOTM Winner
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.0 V8
Transmission
Automatic

finally got some more work done... due to funds i couldnt finish this weekend but im alot closer now.

I may end up having problems with the tie rod hitting my pitman arm due to how low the truck sits. Is there another arm that doesnt drop quite as much as my stock 4x4 one? or perhaps a flat pitman arm.

shit. Ive been so busy with other crap i havent had too much time to get online or to post updates... still not complete but very damn close.

finished cutting off old brackets. mounting shocks, new bushings/bolts in shackles and leafs. got the hubs on. got a d-shaft. Using a 94 explorer brake booster w/ an 86 F350 master.....

now with the shocks and bushings/bolts all in and final i thought id try to flex it out... maxes the shocks out. Will probably need to bump it and limit strap it.

NMB2

July 2010 OTOTM Winner
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.0 V8
Transmission
Automatic
whats up guys. Well im finally out of training and on Leave since the 5th, report to my first duty station on the 1st. I'm now in Jacksonville, FL visiting parents and brother, marrying my g/f and getting her things. We already drove through to drop off my houshold belongings and crawler. Ft. Polk, LA is where the army has put me:frown: While i was in ABQ for 2 weeks i finished up the B2 over at Sceeps house and even beat on it a little bit while there.. and Ran the ORV park at Ft Hood while visiting my buddy on the way to polk.

also got a compressor and shit for OBA while i was there, it was $50, also in the pic you can see the booster and MC i ended up using. This thing stops on the dime, its nice.

Grabbed this 800watt/1600watt 7amp Inverter. $20... figured what the hell.

NMB2

July 2010 OTOTM Winner
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.0 V8
Transmission
Automatic
Stopped in Hood to visit my buddy, stayed the night and the next morning decided to hit their "orv park" beings hes never been wheeling.

At the entrance:

Only really have these pictures beings i was driving the whole time, he has some more "action shots" but heres the poser shots.

Enjoy:cool:

NMB2

July 2010 OTOTM Winner
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.0 V8
Transmission
Automatic
Arrived here at Ft. Polk. Still been wrenching on my truck. the wife thinks I'm mental:nuts:

While up in ABQ I picked up some craigslist hawtness.

$200 MRW Beadlocks.

OBA all wrapped up.

Tank, 2.5Gal SUN performance 150psi.
I think this mounting is temporary until i flatbed the back and mount it up under the truck or something. Put the pressure gauge on temporarily because i have no pressure switch to kick the compressor off automatically.

anybody know where to find those LITTLE pressure switches? Ive seen them on peoples trucks before.

NMB2

July 2010 OTOTM Winner
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.0 V8
Transmission
Automatic
finished the OBA

2.5 Gallon SUN performance 150psi tank, gauge is temporary until i can find a pressure switch. mounting location will be changed to under the truck after i do the flatbed.

ive got to re-tap 2 on the rear driver, and 1 on the rear passenger. other than that... MRW beadlocks for $200 off CL in abq last week.
new CB as well.

NMB2

July 2010 OTOTM Winner
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.0 V8
Transmission
Automatic
I finally got around to taking a better picture of that rear panel i made, and the LED's that were put in.

video

also have a panel i cut to mount on in that empty area behind that panel. Next will be to cut the rest of the bed out and flatbed it the rest of the way.

Also got a new hand throttle.

then after browsing craigslist today, i came home with this today.

cost me $100.

got a switch from ViAir to automatically run my OBA for constant work.
110psi on / 150psi off

NMB2

July 2010 OTOTM Winner
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.0 V8
Transmission
Automatic

the winch lives!!!

ordered rope and a fairlead and tree saver and hook from rock stomper today, should see it next week.

winch in a few weeks ago.

and today the UPS lady came....shes the best.

:eek:hyeah:

NMB2

July 2010 OTOTM Winner
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.0 V8
Transmission
Automatic
Last edited:

NMB2

July 2010 OTOTM Winner
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.0 V8
Transmission
Automatic
Tomorrow I am planning on tearing he front end down to replace wheelstuds that got messed up, While it is torn down i will also drill out the original tie rod taper holes so i can run a bolt and spacer between the hi-steer arm and lo-steer arm for extra strength, I am also planning on taking the bolts out of my hi-steer arms and replacing them with studs.

NMB2

July 2010 OTOTM Winner
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.0 V8
Transmission
Automatic
I know there is a bunch of odds and ends left out, if anyone has any questions I probably have the answer and maybe even pictures backed up.

NMB2

July 2010 OTOTM Winner
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.0 V8
Transmission
Automatic
noticed i didnt include anything about the tranny x-member.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals