• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

torsion crank

mwood1985

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
so i noticed my drivers side sagged a quarter inch lower than my passenger side so i consulted a buddy who said jack it up crank them all the way and turn them back out 4 turns and i should have it level all the way around an re align but what if when i try to crank em all the way they go an inch but niether will go all the way in and have half an inch of bolt left?

4x4junkie

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Bronco II
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
2.9L V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
35x12.50R15
Your buddy's information is far from the ideal way to do it (and may lead to even more lean and/or improper ride height).

If you merely want to level it out side-side, just tighten up the driverside a little.
Do make sure the lean isn't being caused by something else in the suspension though (worn bushings/balljoints, broken leaf in the rear spring, etc).

Some penetrating lube (PB Blaster, etc.) on the bolts can help if they're rusty.

Chris.S.

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Yeah your buddies info is a little off.

If you just crank em both in and then back 4 turns you will more than likely be out of level. Just crank the side that needs, 1/4" shouldn't take much, 3-5 turns maybe. Use the old guess and check method to get both sides even.

And lose some weight so the d-side doesn't sag like that!

j/k of course, it's unavoidable...

mwood1985

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
well what i ment was correct the drivers side lean the drives side bar needed tightening and i wanted to correct the overall levelness of the front end ie pick it up to get rid of the factory rake and level that out too . my truck is an 01 4x4 by the way i

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals