• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

camber/caster bushing

bigpotato555

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
This look like a question to 4x4junkie.....lol. I am building my dana 35 and wondering what degree of bushing I need. I know if the degree is to big that will sacrifice caster for camber...anyway got a rough country 4" and 1" coil spacer. I work a lot late this days and don't have time to go talk with an alignment shop. I am waiting for this to order my parts. any help will be apreciate.
thx guys!!!

Last edited:

SuperRob

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
You can get an adjustable bushing that sometimes makes it easier on lifted trucks, but they are kinda a PITA to use. Did you put drop brackets on it? The TTB is damn near impossible to align if you didnt drop the pivot points. I believe that proper alignment for them is one inch higher than the center of the hub. From there you can dial in camber and castor. Mine isnt aligned properly so I cant quite get the Castor dialed in, even with the drop brackets.

Good luck, hopefully Junkie can add to this.

Yellowsplash

U.S. Military - Active
U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
Get the dual adjustable bushings that way you can dial in camber/caster separately. I believe the part numbers I saved from a previous thread are....Ingalls 594, Specialty Products 24180, Moog K8986, or Napa NCP 264-3950. I went with the Napa part as they had them in stock at just under $30 a bushing. Good luck finding a shop who knows how to correctly set the alignment on a ttb...

4x4junkie

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Bronco II
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
2.9L V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
35x12.50R15
Yep, Yellowsplash got the right #s there (you can add Spicer #6122025 to that list as well
).

Fully-adjustable bushings are really the only way to go on these, especially if you'll be doing the alignment yourself. There's no way to know exactly for sure what amount of offset you'll need, as each truck will be different, even with the same lift configuration.
These let you dial it in to whatever you need (the charts that come with them makes it easy to change (for example) the caster by 1°, while retaining your current camber setting).

bodiesinthere

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
i have a question as a person who has no idea what they are looking at how do i adjust them and where or what tools are needed i have an 8 inch lift and 3 inch body lift no alignment shops will even look at my truck i know i have adjustable bushings so i have been told

kunar

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
5.8l
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
i have a question as a person who has no idea what they are looking at how do i adjust them and where or what tools are needed i have an 8 inch lift and 3 inch body lift no alignment shops will even look at my truck i know i have adjustable bushings so i have been told
find a four wheel drive shop to take a look at it.

kevinsranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Transmission
Automatic
look in the tech pages on the home page of the site, it goes pretty good into detail. i can help if you want,

hey does anyone know if the spicer 6122025 is a pack of one or two

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals