Home Discussion Forum Tech Articles Other Articles Featured Rides Readers Rides Classifieds Shirts & Decals Parts Store

Ford Ranger Discussion Forum

Off-Road Truck Of The Month

'Rowdy Fitzgerald'
August 2014 OTOTM

Mini Truck Of The Month

'Flit-e' Dave'
August 2014 MTOTM

Old 05-02-2013, 07:31 PM   #1
The Slider

Vehicle Year: 1986 1972
Vehicle Make: Ford
Vehicle Model: Bronco II XLT 4x4 Maverick Grabber
The Slider is on a distinguished road
Default 86 b2 Wiring

I found a THICK Black wire w/ a brown stripe(Possible DIRTY oragne) (ITS HOT) , that looks like it was in the loom with the AC compressor wires... I noticed when i hooked everything up, I had no interior light, no radio, no AC fan blower, But the electric windows worked. also it just cranked wouldnt start and my pressure regulator started leaking, so I stopped for the night til I get a new one tommororw. can someone give me an Idea where that goes? I dont see anymore missing unattached wires.

Thanks!
Chaz.

Last edited by The Slider; 05-02-2013 at 08:57 PM.
The Slider is offline   Reply With Quote
Forum Notices (Not shown to 'Premium Members')

Reminder:

We're looking for participants to help move our banner from Alaska to Florida: Click HERE.

Click HERE to see the banner map.

Want to become a Premium Member & not see these notices? Click HERE.

Want your truck considered for Truck Of The Month? Click HERE.

Don't forget to vote!

Old 05-02-2013, 11:42 PM   #2
bobbywalter
RBV Technical Advisor

Vehicle Year: 1988
Vehicle Make: FORD
Vehicle Model: RANGERISH SORT OF THING
I use this vehicle for: EVERTHING
bobbywalter is a splendid one to beholdbobbywalter is a splendid one to beholdbobbywalter is a splendid one to beholdbobbywalter is a splendid one to beholdbobbywalter is a splendid one to beholdbobbywalter is a splendid one to beholdbobbywalter is a splendid one to behold

sounds like the main power wire...its black and orange....supposed to go around the headlight harness and has a single spade before the firewall on the drivers side fender apron.

they get shitty and corrody melty burny at times where they connect.

at the power terminal on the relay it has a fuse link that can pop. well most do.
88 ranger ext cab low rider 4x4 propelled by 395 cubes of of non turbo SLOBBERIN DIESEL...BLAHHH...motating a 4l80 thats AUTHORITATIVELY turnin a ford 208 spinning 410 open dana 60s and whatever tire suits the mood that day. how ya like me now?
bobbywalter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 01:38 AM   #3
dave2575

Vehicle Year: mostly 88
Vehicle Make: ford
Vehicle Model: ranger xlt
I use this vehicle for: Causing me stress!
dave2575 is on a distinguished road

Ya agreed sounds like it may be the power wire. If its in the wire loom that crosses over the engine then one end goes to the alternator, and then the other end goes into a large grey wire connector that sits on top of the drivers side wheel well with a few other large connectors.(under brake booster) Then from there it goers through the fire wall into the fuse panel. And it goes back out through fire wall and follows around the eng compartment to the relay as said above. The large grey connector(weather pack) sometimes hides a bad connection inside of it between the spade terminals on the ends of the power wires. The terminals can corrode and fall apart leaving a wire end hanging. Check to see if your wire goes to the large grey connector.
dave2575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 09:58 AM   #4
RonD

Vehicle Year: 1994
Vehicle Model: Ranger
RonD is a splendid one to beholdRonD is a splendid one to beholdRonD is a splendid one to beholdRonD is a splendid one to beholdRonD is a splendid one to beholdRonD is a splendid one to beholdRonD is a splendid one to beholdRonD is a splendid one to behold

Good electrical diagrams with color codes here:
http://www.therangerstation.com/tech...rams/index.htm
RonD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 01:14 PM   #5
The Slider

Vehicle Year: 1986 1972
Vehicle Model: Bronco II XLT 4x4 Maverick Grabber
The Slider is on a distinguished road

BINGO!!!!! I rolled the wire covering off the alt. harness and there it was broken where it was supposed to connect to 3. crimped it and worked like a champ! after about running it for 15-20 seconds, the interior light and AC fan, etc all come on... but NO blinkers, and when I rolled my drivers window down, it wouldnt go back up, but all the other windows and locks work, so im going to remove the door panel and slap a battery charger on the motor to see if it works.

Thanks!
Chaz
The Slider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 08:36 PM   #6
dave2575

Vehicle Year: mostly 88
Vehicle Make: ford
Vehicle Model: ranger xlt
I use this vehicle for: Causing me stress!
dave2575 is on a distinguished road

good to hear.
dave2575 is offline   Reply With Quote