• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

The "Pup" Truck

SierraCanine

Law Enforcement
EMT / Paramedic
U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
A little history first; she was built in 1989 and has never left sunny California. was retired at roughly 110,000 miles from the park service to a farm in the valley, the guy never used or registered her so my dad picked her up for a commute car until I bought it from him for work and school. Currently she's pushing 130,000 and is still going strong.

stats (updated 9/3/12):
2.3L efi
5 speed manual
3.45 open diff
2" coil spacers to compensate for spring sag
4x4 lift block on rear axle
235/75 on 15x7 with 4" offset
2x 100w auxiliary high beams
2x 1550 lumen flood lights
2x 100w auxiliary fog lamps
2x 100w Unity A-pillar mounted spotlights
(yes she's a lighting machine:headbang:)
tech library grill mod
Brush guard and rear tube bumper

(before the new tires)

Goodyear Wrangler Radial

I'll post more pics as she gets bigger...:icon_welder:

Edit 9/3/2012

update 2/6/2013

Last edited:

HeadlandRam

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Awesome man, whats the plans for it? and how you like the spotlights?

SierraCanine

Law Enforcement
EMT / Paramedic
U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Awesome man, whats the plans for it? and how you like the spotlights?
Plans for right now are to keep it in one piece since its my daily driver. Otherwise a 4" lift, tube bumbers and a winch are on the parts list.

As per the spots... they take some getting used to but they are a great asset for driving on private roads at night. Also a lot more people slow down around me for some reason:icon_confused:.

HeadlandRam

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Plans for right now are to keep it in one piece since its my daily driver. Otherwise a 4" lift, tube bumbers and a winch are on the parts list.

As per the spots... they take some getting used to but they are a great asset for driving on private roads at night. Also a lot more people slow down around me for some reason:icon_confused:.
Haha i know what you mean about one piece, Should defiantly find a 7.5 o4 8.8 with 373 or 410 gears. it will give some more pep to the 2.3.

I am considering some spots, Mainly because there was a wreck off a county road into some woods one night and it was hard scanning the area with just my hellas and Hi-beams on my truck.

DisturbedMXer8

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger XLT
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Awesome looking truck, man. Looks mean on those 235's. They almost look bigger than mine, even though they're the same size. Are those Cragar rims?

SierraCanine

Law Enforcement
EMT / Paramedic
U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Originally Posted by HeadlandRam
...Should defiantly find a 7.5 o4 8.8 with 373 or 410 gears. it will give some more pep to the 2.3.
I'll definitely consider regearing if someday putt 31's or 33's under her.

Awesome looking truck, man. Looks mean on those 235's. They almost look bigger than mine, even though they're the same size. Are those Cragar rims?
They might very well be Cragers. I picked them up at the local pick-n-pull, one was on a 1990 ranger 2wd and the other three were in the bed. All four were bald and only the one on the truck held air; they cost me $28 for all four:yahoo:.

I really like the look since the tires fill the wheel well. Unfortunately over large bumps they kiss the fender top in the front due to an annoying thing known as saggy springs:annoyed:, hence the need for the 4" lift.

DisturbedMXer8

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger XLT
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
I really like the look since the tires fill the wheel well. Unfortunately over large bumps they kiss the fender top in the front due to an annoying thing known as saggy springs:annoyed:, hence the need for the 4" lift.
I feel ya, dude. Mine's goin the same way, soon. 4" Rough Country, 8.8 with 4.10's, and 31's. All I need is the time and the cash =P.

2004xlmiller

March 2013 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
dude i saw you as i was leaving FLC today. cool looking little truck. i was in the silver one with the tube bumper and tire gate.

SierraCanine

Law Enforcement
EMT / Paramedic
U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
I feel ya, dude. Mine's goin the same way, soon. 4" Rough Country, 8.8 with 4.10's, and 31's. All I need is the time and the cash =P.
I'm shooting for the Rough Country 4" as well, I keep looking for a cheap, good quality lift and I keep running into the rough Country!

SierraCanine

Law Enforcement
EMT / Paramedic
U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
dude i saw you as i was leaving FLC today. cool looking little truck. i was in the silver one with the tube bumper and tire gate.
I thought that your truck sitting at the light looked like it belonged to a forum... I really like your bumper it really compliments the lines of your truck:icon_thumby:.

2004xlmiller

March 2013 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
I thought that your truck sitting at the light looked like it belonged to a forum... I really like your bumper it really compliments the lines of your truck:icon_thumby:.
thanks man.

SierraCanine

Law Enforcement
EMT / Paramedic
U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
I went to the semi annual 1/2 off sale at pick-n-pull and picked up some 'junk' off an 1990 ranger 4x4.

With the brush guard on and the front coils "tensioned" to eliminate the bumping

with the rear bumper and 4x4 lift blocks

My new profile pic...

2004xlmiller

March 2013 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
looks good. i was out there as well, nabbed a roof rack for my shell.

SierraCanine

Law Enforcement
EMT / Paramedic
U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
looks good. i was out there as well, nabbed a roof rack for my shell.
Were you there Saturday morning? I saw a silver ranger that had some fordrangerforum.com stickers on the rear window... I'm waiting to order a TRS windshield banner. I was there Friday morning and pulled the bumper and guard and had to go back Saturday to get the bumper brackets I forgot and pick up the 4x4 blocks. You might have seen me since I was wrenching on the blue '90 stx ranger... if you were look'n that is.

Also on a side note I feel that there are a decent number of modified rangers up here but it seems that none of them are on the Station:dunno:. So, I went to a Labor Day parade in Diamond Springs and entered my truck as a representative of TRS; hoping to generate some interest. A windshield banner though would help a lot when I'm just out driving around town.

Maybe I'll see you around. Feel free to stop to chat if you see me in my truck at FLC, as it gets cooler I do more and more studying out there since it's a whole lot more peaceful...to me anyway.

2004xlmiller

March 2013 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
yea that was mine with the FRF and RF stickers on it saturday morning. we have a good amount or modded rangers around, check out the norcal chat thread.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals