Home Ford Ranger Forum Tech Articles Other Articles Featured Rangers Readers Rangers Classifieds Shirts & Decals Parts Store

Ford Ranger Discussion Forum  

Go Back   The Ranger Station Forums > Truck Discussions (Not for tech help - Use Help Forums further down) > General Discussions

General Discussions This forum is for general discussions. If you're in need of help, post it below in the appropriate topic forum.

Old 02-22-2008, 07:54 PM   #1
Dzrtcj7

Dzrtcj7 is on a distinguished road
Default RumbleGoat Racing Ford Ranger #7314

I've been a long time Ranger driver and fan. I've also been a reader of this site since fordranger.com and Jim Oaks split from RRORC. It was actually those sites that fueled me to own 5 ranger base vehicles. Finally, my passion for rangers and racing have come together in the opportunity to be co owner and driver of a 2006 Ford Ranger Sport 4x4. We will campaign in the Best in the Desert series. Please follow along with us, as we need support from the Ranger community. We are working very closely with Ford Racing, and the need to hear about the enthusiasm behind the Ranger. We may also be looking for help at the races from time to time, so keep your eyes peeled!!

-----------------------------------------

For Immediate Release:

RUMBLEGOAT RACING CHARGES INTO THE 2008 DESERT RACING SEASON

Richland, Washington, February 19, 2008. Along with Goodyear Tires, RumbleGoat Racing, LLC, announces its formation and entrance into the 2008 Best in the Desert racing series. Starting with the Terrible’s Town 250 at Primm, RumbleGoat will compete in class 7300 in its specially prepared 2006 Ford Ranger 4x4 Sport FX4 race truck.

The Ford Ranger race truck is equipped with Goodyear MT/R Tires, Racerunner Shocks, Total Power Racing batteries, Mastercraft seats, Autometer gauges and Parker Pumpers. The team consists of four principle owners that are lifelong off-road enthusiasts and competitors as well as professionals. Additionally, a volunteer team of up to 15 dedicated off-roaders expertly prepares and supports the truck.

“After years of desert pit support, short track racing, and off-road lifestyle, forming RumbleGoat Racing was a natural progression. The combination of the team members’ skill sets, careers and passions really sets us apart,” proclaimed Driver and logistics manager Don Healy. “Additionally, our geographic location is unique. We are bringing enthusiasm for desert racing to one of the largest, yet untouched, off-road markets in the country. Not only that, but while we are traveling to and from races, we are a rolling billboard for desert racing, our sponsors, and our team.”

RumbleGoat’s crew chief, Jose Ybarra, points out, “The choice of the Ranger for a platform was an easy one. With plenty of power, legendary Ford reliability and Ford Truck Motorsports’ two way technical exchange program, we couldn’t go wrong with a new Ranger.” Ybarra also noted that out of all of the tires on race vehicles that the RumbleGoat team has seen in the pits, the Goodyear MT/R experiences less chunking and fewer flats than the rest of the field.

Healy is a project manager by trade and Ybarra is a professional fabricator. Jim Moss, the team’s marketing manager works in business-to-business sales. Steve Walters is an automotive expert who specializes in body, paint and graphics to round out the RumbleGoat field.

Be sure to look for RumbleGoat Racing and the silver class 7300 Ford Ranger at the rest of 2008’s Best in the Desert races. RumbleGoat Racing can be contacted at rumblegoatracing@yahoo.com

#################

Click:
Dzrtcj7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Forum Notices (Not shown to 'Premium Members')

SPRING ONLINE MAGAZINE!

Check out the latest articles

Want to become a Premium Member & not see these notices? Click HERE.

Old 02-24-2008, 01:31 PM   #2
Dzrtcj7

I'm surprised there isn't more interest in this. Did I post in the wrong forum or something??
Old 02-24-2008, 01:44 PM   #3
94STXRanger

Vehicle Year: 1994,1965
Vehicle Make: Ford
Vehicle Model: Ranger supercab, Mustang Coupe
94STXRanger is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to 94STXRanger

Dude thats bad a## Post up some pics or vids or something and specs on the truck maybe.
-'94 Ext. Cab 4x4, 4.0l 5 spd. 31x10.50x15 Wrangler AT/S. Warn Manual hubs. A tool box!
-Tube bumper, needs welded to mounts
-40 series Flowmaster.
-5.5" Superduffcountry lift
94STXRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 02:25 PM   #4
Jim Oaks
Administrator

Vehicle Year: 1983 & 1996
Vehicle Model: Ranger
I use this vehicle for: Dedicated trail rig!
Jim Oaks has a reputation beyond reputeJim Oaks has a reputation beyond reputeJim Oaks has a reputation beyond reputeJim Oaks has a reputation beyond reputeJim Oaks has a reputation beyond reputeJim Oaks has a reputation beyond reputeJim Oaks has a reputation beyond reputeJim Oaks has a reputation beyond reputeJim Oaks has a reputation beyond reputeJim Oaks has a reputation beyond reputeJim Oaks has a reputation beyond repute

I love desert racing!

I'd like to see some more pics....

Vote For TRS In Top 4x4 Sites
Jim Oaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 02:39 PM   #5
ZMan
TOTM Coordinator

Vehicle Year: 1992,1994,1995
Vehicle Make: Ford,Ford,Jeep
Vehicle Model: Ranger,Ranger,ZJ
I use this vehicle for: learning experiAnce, daily
ZMan is a jewel in the roughZMan is a jewel in the roughZMan is a jewel in the roughZMan is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to ZMan

Cool, definitely keep us up to date!
'94 Ranger long bed 3.0l, bagged and chopped
'13 F-150 Ecoboost 4x4 daily driver
www.lhinteriorsllc.com
ZMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 02:59 PM   #6
Dzrtcj7

Thanks for the response!

Here are some of the specs:

It is a 4x4 with a 4.0 SOHC and an auto.

Motor: SVT Off Hiway ECM, UMP, Headers, Dual 3" exhaust and gnarly ass 4" mufflers. Engine oil, PS, and 2x tranny coolers. Custom 25 Gallon Fuel Cell, 2x Bosch fuel pumps, SVT injectors. I'm guessing around 240 ish HP or so with no internal mods. Wink

Suspension: Front -- 4x 2.5" Custom Racerunner 3 tube 2.5" Bypass shocks. Rear -- Custom Deaver springs, 3" 3 tube Racerunners. Class requires stock A-Arms, axles, etc. . .so it has a 31spline 8.8 w/4.10s and an IFS D35 front.

Interior: Mastercraft seats, belts, nets, limit straps, custom switch panel, Autometer Pro-Comp Gauges, Flame Out system, Parker Pumpers x2, and a pneumatic candy cannon (not yet, but I want one). Bumper to Bumper 4130 cage. We're still looking for the "right" communications system.

Wheels/Tires: Stock Ranger wheels and. . I think. . .16 or so wheel/tire combos with new 285/75R16 Goodyear MT/Rs (33s).

Full compliment of spares including front and rear ends, A-Arms and springs stacked up like cord wood, electronics, alternators, starters, etc. etc. . .

What else.. .hmmm. . .it has a badass, "Dead men tell no tales" antenna ball. Laughing and 3 tool boxes, hard mounted steering rack and driveline in the bed along with 2 spares
Old 02-24-2008, 03:03 PM   #7
Dzrtcj7

We will have some action shots from practicing very soon.
Old 02-24-2008, 03:04 PM   #8
Dzrtcj7

Last edited by Dzrtcj7; 02-25-2008 at 12:12 AM.
Old 02-24-2008, 03:14 PM   #9
Dzrtcj7

Building a website as we speak ...

Here is a temporary representation: http://www.rumblegoatracing.com

Soon we will have a forum up and running ....
Old 02-24-2008, 03:44 PM   #10
JFA_Spyderman

Vehicle Year: 1969, 1994
Vehicle Model: Mustang, Ranger
I use this vehicle for: Daily Driver and Weekend Warrior
JFA_Spyderman will become famous soon enough

The only thing that would make that truck better is a TRS decal on there.
JFA_Spyderman is offline   Reply With Quote