Home Ford Ranger Forum Tech Articles Other Articles Featured Rangers Readers Rangers Classifieds Shirts & Decals Parts Store

Ford Ranger Discussion Forum  

Go Back   The Ranger Station Forums > Truck Discussions (Not for tech help - Use Help Forums further down) > Ford Bronco II's

Ford Bronco II's Be sure to check out the Bronco II Corral!

Old 05-15-2011, 06:00 PM   #1
adsm08
Premium Member

Asteroids Champion

Vehicle Year: 1987
Vehicle Make: Ford
Vehicle Model: Ranger XLT
I use this vehicle for: Making money and being broke.
adsm08 has a reputation beyond reputeadsm08 has a reputation beyond reputeadsm08 has a reputation beyond reputeadsm08 has a reputation beyond reputeadsm08 has a reputation beyond reputeadsm08 has a reputation beyond reputeadsm08 has a reputation beyond reputeadsm08 has a reputation beyond reputeadsm08 has a reputation beyond reputeadsm08 has a reputation beyond reputeadsm08 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to adsm08
Default Project: Amazing Grace

Well, here she is boys:

Project Amazing Grace.

This will mostly be body restoration and fixing up. Kinda want to change the color scheme a bit. Maybe black and blue. Maybe go green and tan like the Eddies were. Not sure yet.

Already have an 8.8 for it. It probably won't get a D-35, unless I come across a complete one for cheap.

Project: Amazing Grace

Project: Cash 'N Carry

Project: 12-Volt Sandwich, project finished

Project: Birthday Present

When people ask me "what's wrong with you?" I ask them "where would you like me to start?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas Sowell
If you are not prepared to use force to defend civilization then be prepared to accept barabrism.

Shop manuals
adsm08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Forum Notices (Not shown to 'Premium Members')

SPRING ONLINE MAGAZINE!

Check out the latest articles

Want to become a Premium Member & not see these notices? Click HERE.

Old 05-15-2011, 09:37 PM   #2
jhammel85
Lurker

I saw your other thread on when you bought this but figured I'd post here.

Looks like a great deal for the 600 bucks you paid! Especially if it runs and drives great!
Old 05-15-2011, 10:36 PM   #3
rangerluver

Vehicle Year: 2011
Vehicle Model: Mustang GT Premium Edition
I use this vehicle for: Having fun
rangerluver will become famous soon enoughrangerluver will become famous soon enough

Dous this take the same sheetmetal (except for the box obviously) as the 88 Rangers? Front clip, hood, and doors?
rangerluver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 11:58 PM   #4
chrwilkins30

Vehicle Year: 1988
Vehicle Model: Bronco II
I use this vehicle for: running over hondas
chrwilkins30 will become famous soon enough

um,,,,

but yeah
WTBShifter Bezel like thishttp://i1090.photobucket.com/albums/...gershifter.jpg
chrwilkins30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 10:03 PM   #5
adsm08
Premium Member

Asteroids Champion

adsm08 has a reputation beyond reputeadsm08 has a reputation beyond reputeadsm08 has a reputation beyond reputeadsm08 has a reputation beyond reputeadsm08 has a reputation beyond reputeadsm08 has a reputation beyond reputeadsm08 has a reputation beyond reputeadsm08 has a reputation beyond reputeadsm08 has a reputation beyond reputeadsm08 has a reputation beyond reputeadsm08 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangerluver View Post
Dous this take the same sheetmetal (except for the box obviously) as the 88 Rangers? Front clip, hood, and doors?
Yeah. Pretty much everything from the doors forward is the same.

Did some minor work tonight. The guy I bought it from told me it was going to need rear brakes because of a bad wheel cylinder. Even had the parts in the truck for me. Got the drums off, one side was soaked through, the other had a leaking wheel cylinder. So she got new rear brakes and axle seals tonight. Have to cut the drums tomorrow at work, bleed the brakes, and seal and fill the rear.

Unfortunately it has the crappy fiber-glass diff cover.

What a pain to clean.

When people ask me "what's wrong with you?" I ask them "where would you like me to start?"

Quote:
If you are not prepared to use force to defend civilization then be prepared to accept barabrism.

Shop manuals
Old 05-16-2011, 10:06 PM   #6
adsm08
Premium Member

Asteroids Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhammel85 View Post
I saw your other thread on when you bought this but figured I'd post here.

Looks like a great deal for the 600 bucks you paid! Especially if it runs and drives great!
It does run and drive very well. Fires right up every time, runs like a new engine, only thing is that the drums are warped and so the whole truck vibes when you get into the brake pedal.

I think it feels like it has more power than even the cammed up Ranger, so that's a good thing I 'spose. And I know gears don't have anything to do with it. 3.73 and 3.45 aren't really that far apart.

Quote:

Shop manuals
Old 05-19-2011, 04:46 PM   #7
adsm08
Premium Member

Asteroids Champion

Default Eeewwww!!! Lof!!!

Changed the oil today. Twice.

I was encouraged when I saw it was a Motorcraft filter. That faded quickly when I saw its condition. Also when I saw the oil.

I filled it with Napa premium conventional 10-30 and a quart(ish) of ATF, and a Pro-select filter ran it until it warmed up, and then changed it again. Still came out looking like it was fresh from the ground. Eww.

Put a Motorcraft back on with a bottle of Lucas and 4 quarts of CJ-4 spec 10w-30 diesel oil (same as the Ranger gets). Hope that cleans her up nice. Hillbilly's old engine ran the best ever once I started using that stuff.

Quote:

Shop manuals
Old 05-30-2011, 10:00 AM   #8
adsm08
Premium Member

Asteroids Champion

New pic. Removed the last guy's Sunoco sticker from the rear window and replaced it with one of my own.

Quote:

Shop manuals
Old 05-30-2011, 10:44 AM   #9
disciplerocks
July 2011 OTOTM Winner

Vehicle Year: 1989
Vehicle Model: Bronco II XLT
I use this vehicle for: the rippin and the tearin
disciplerocks is a splendid one to beholddisciplerocks is a splendid one to beholddisciplerocks is a splendid one to beholddisciplerocks is a splendid one to beholddisciplerocks is a splendid one to beholddisciplerocks is a splendid one to beholddisciplerocks is a splendid one to behold

Subscribed.
12 Focus SE: Sport & Winter Package, ST Front End
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllanD View Post
Ford says (about towing not masterbation) "Don't do that!"
disciplerocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 08:22 PM   #10
CHKNFKR

Vehicle Year: 1993
Vehicle Model: Ranger
I use this vehicle for: Spending my hard earned cash
CHKNFKR has a brilliant futureCHKNFKR has a brilliant futureCHKNFKR has a brilliant futureCHKNFKR has a brilliant futureCHKNFKR has a brilliant futureCHKNFKR has a brilliant futureCHKNFKR has a brilliant futureCHKNFKR has a brilliant futureCHKNFKR has a brilliant futureCHKNFKR has a brilliant futureCHKNFKR has a brilliant future

Subscribed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel3507 View Post
This pick up makes my pecker perk up
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwaii View Post
all my layout,bend allowances,and cuts are figured out using a neural cognitive software system.
Quote:
Originally Posted by super91(2.3) View Post
I can see myself goin to the gas station now and buying under a dollars worth of diesel and just dispensing it right onto my body...
CHKNFKR is offline   Reply With Quote