• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Valve Cover Gasket and Plug Wires.

SimplyTheBess

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4 Banger
Transmission
Manual
Hey all,

I don't get on this forum to much to write usually just to ask a question and get an answer but I decided my 98 Ranger (Daily) needed a little lovin' as all my time and $$ has been going into my 94 Impala SS lately.

I really just wanted to replace the plugs and plug wires but noticed a pretty good leak out the back end of the valve cover so figured after 180,000+ miles it was probably due. I figured while I had the top of the intake manifold off I could do that gasket as well. Ended up replacing the EQR and intake gasket while I was at it as it had to come off anyway and came with the gasket kit.

Really wasn't "that bad" more of a pain in the *** getting to some of the plugs and took a nice shot of antifreeze to the face when I removed the intake coolant line to the manifold. (I thought it was a pretty big to be a vacuum line!)

Started/ended here

Got the intake manifold off and found some foam balls which fit perfectly in the intake.

Other side view

Then was a pain in the *** getting the valve cover off. I think my leak was caused by 2 of the bolts being loose as the gasket appeared to be in good shape.

Fighting the EGR valve out of my way wasn't fun at all

New gasket on

Nothing exciting to see about the plug and plug wires. Just thought I would share my Sunday afternoon experience with everyone!

GoodOld85BlueBalls

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2010/2013
Make / Model
FORD/FORD
Engine Size
3.0Powerstroke/3.5 EcoBoost
Transmission
Manual
I think you had the better day and had a job well done. All I did was honey-do's all weekend and am no longer inspired to work on the jeep. I need to buy a ford again.

adsm08

Senior Master Grease Monkey
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
I think you had the better day and had a job well done. All I did was honey-do's all weekend and am no longer inspired to work on the jeep. I need to buy a ford again.
You need to set fire to that High-bred piece of commie smug-blowing Japo-nese crap that your wife brought home without telling you. FIRE!!!

GoodOld85BlueBalls

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2010/2013
Make / Model
FORD/FORD
Engine Size
3.0Powerstroke/3.5 EcoBoost
Transmission
Manual
You need to set fire to that High-bred piece of commie smug-blowing Japo-nese crap that your wife brought home without telling you. FIRE!!!

Why don't you tell me what you really think????????

:icon_rofl::icon_rofl::icon_rofl::icon_rofl:

No misunderstanding where your comming from:icon_thumby:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals