• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Bigfoot Ranger

Darksyne

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Posted by: moody_blues May 28 2006, 04:26 AM

first off, ..a local highschool kid has a ranger "big foot" its blueish in color with white stripes down the side, and says big foot on the bed. is this true!?! did they really make one? or is this some kind of creation? 1200$ and its all mine smile.gif please help me out!
Posted by: 2oo1Ranger4x4 May 29 2006, 03:31 AM

for that kind of money, hell yeah.

I always new big foot was real !! biggrin.gif
Posted by: 1986RangerBoy May 29 2006, 03:46 AM

It's a package that came out in the 80s to promote Bigfoot racing or something...harder to find then the Ranger GT
Posted by: lonewolfalpha May 29 2006, 10:07 AM

Just curious, what years was it available and what did the package come with? Or did I miss the spotters guide? smile.gif
Posted by: moody_blues May 29 2006, 05:44 PM

im not sure on the trucks yr. the kid is calling me tonight on it again, but its the 83-88 body style..but i think the truck is an 85........thats all i know about them! that its an extended cab, with big foot graphics all over it, a roll bar, power sliding window and rectangle lights on the light bar smile.gif i think it has 31'' tires on it too..but thats all i know.
Posted by: lonewolfalpha May 29 2006, 06:00 PM

Sounds sweet, if he dosen't know what he's got don't clue him in. Not to sound too crooked but many people ask for way more money than something is worth if they think it's rare or collectable, even if it's a rust bucket. Flatfender Jeeps have mostly suffered that fate, sadly.
Posted by: rat_ranger May 29 2006, 06:06 PM

Yeah, anything rare or classic tends to get you a new hole torn if the person knows what it is. Grab it up and enjoy having a hard to find truck.
Posted by: moody_blues May 29 2006, 10:14 PM

ya i just talked to the kid again he wants like 1700$ for it..screw that! its an 87 with a 2.9 4x4 31'' tires tinted glass light bar and decals. what do ya think i should jew him down to? within reason..the truck has a lil rust on the bed wheel wells and on the rockers like a typical ranger by the cab corner/rocker seem..1500$? and ya..the kid is a thug..he dont know what he has..i asked him where he got it under the hood and frame ARE CLEAAAAAAAAANNN!!!!! but he said he got it from some hillybilly out in the sticks lol!!
Posted by: rat_ranger May 29 2006, 10:18 PM

1500 should be good. since kbb thinks an 87 with all the options is worth between 1k and 2200.
Posted by: lonewolfalpha May 29 2006, 10:18 PM

Dude, if you've got 1500 cash then wave 1200 under his nose and see if he takes it! You didn't mention what was on the odometer, but for 1500 it dosen't realy matter if it's solid. People love the smell of cash and he proly paid less than that for it!
Posted by: moody_blues May 29 2006, 10:57 PM

heres the truck user posted image the truck has 146,000 miles on it..so half its life left in it smile.gif what do ya guys think? user posted image
Posted by: bobbywalter May 29 2006, 11:19 PM

if you dont buy it your pissin away a good deal.

whats the dudes number?
Posted by: lonewolfalpha May 30 2006, 12:12 AM

I agree with Bobby man, although the guys number is useless to me as I'm north of the 49th. But if the frame and underbody are solid and the drivetrain is sound, go for it! For the second time.......
Posted by: moody_blues May 30 2006, 01:24 AM

ok guys! ill bring it HOME! twist my arm why donttcha!! lol so if i keep this for 25 more years it will be like a dodge superbird then huh!? maybe 800,000$ truck??? worshippy.gif yahoo.gif lol ill post some pix when i bring it on home!! should i lift it or leave it alone?? i need some imput on that part too.
Posted by: lonewolfalpha May 30 2006, 02:00 AM

First off, it's probably got the 7.5 rear end-right? So swap for a good 8.8 and go from there, oh yeah and maybe ditch the D28 front too but keep all the parts if you've got the room. I dunno, maybe it already has the 8.8 and D35. What years did it change anyway?
Posted by: SpicerRanger44 May 30 2006, 08:42 PM

believe they changed in 90
Posted by: lonewolfalpha May 30 2006, 10:35 PM

Sweet, I don't mind being wrong! If it has the good drivetrain than it's an even better deal!!!!!
Posted by: linuxman2003 Jun 1 2006, 03:16 PM

looks like you got a good deal! As far as lifting it, well, it IS called the big foot package tongue.gif I would clean up the little rust it does have ASAP so it doesn't eat away the truck after a while.
Posted by: lonewolfalpha Jun 1 2006, 07:42 PM

Mmmmm...Bigfoot...so it needs about a 36x13.5x16 Interco Irok then? That may be a bit much for the stock D35 though.......
Posted by: JoshT Jun 5 2006, 12:00 AM

That small??? I'll have to see if I can get a pic of the bigfoot poster my work leader has on his wall, it's got them all including ranger, that thing's running bigger than 36 I'm sure.

Personally one that rare I would just fix the rust and keep it origonal.
Posted by: Adam Jun 18 2006, 01:44 PM

It'll have a dana 28 and a 7.5. The dana 35 wasn't around until '90, and even then they were mostly all 4.0 trucks. 36's would be WAY too much for his stock D28.
Posted by: clarson Jun 24 2006, 03:44 PM

I know of one for sale for a lot less than $1700! My brothers got one in MN he is selling with only 108K on it.
Posted by: BigFoot01 Jul 20 2006, 12:16 PM

Yeh, I have one and they are nice!. Mine needs some TLC, but funny thing is, I have had it for sale for quite awhile, and I can't even give it away in my neck of the woods. To those of us who know what we have, they are nice little trucks. Has some rust issues, but 108k well cared for original miles. If it doesn't sell, it'll get a restore ( it'll look good along side of my 69' Super Bee).

BigFoot01
Posted by: SpicerRanger44 Jul 20 2006, 12:55 PM

how much and where in MN? anywhere near Brainard or Deerwood?
Posted by: JonsRanger Jul 29 2006, 09:54 PM

yea how much and where?
Posted by: JoshT Jul 30 2006, 12:23 AM

So did he get the thing or not?
Posted by: Knight65 Aug 12 2006, 01:47 PM

the Ranger that Bigfoot Racing Built has 48's on it that is my dream truck I know most things about it. it has a 572 in it with 4 wheel steering. also it has 5 ton Rockwell military axles under it.
Posted by: gt_racer95 Aug 20 2006, 02:42 PM

ford made bogfoot ranger ext cabs, f150, 250, and 350s in 1987 only, they had the decals a chrome rollbar with bigfoot cruiser light covers, a stepdown rear bumper, the f series came with a winch front bumper and different wheels whick were recalled by ford. they were customized my a company named sheer. one of my best friends owns a ranger f150. and a 250. he also owns sets of decals and is authorized by bigfoot to reproduce them. pm me if you have any questions
Posted by: lonewolfalpha Aug 21 2006, 12:32 AM

That is too cool! worshippy.gif beer.gif

Last edited:

SuperRob

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Dont anyone take those last 3 quotes too seriously, cause as far as I know theyre DEAD WRONG.

The 7.5 was offered (and still may be offered) for many many years after 1988. The rear axle that is in a given vehicle has a lot to do with year, engine size, trim package, etc... And a large axle tube does not mean that the axle SHAFT is indeed oversized.

The Dana 35 front end started in somewhere around 1990 but was a hybrid in some applications.

bdeuce

Reaction score
if i could contribute - unless this bigfoot bronco II has special equipment for the package, it will have a 7.5. b2's never got more than that from the factory. i have a factory d35 in my b2, and my build date is 11/89. bronco II's never got the hybrid d35.

AllanD

TRS Technical Staff
TRS Technical Advisor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1987... sorta
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
'93 4.0
Transmission
Manual
The most noteworthy thing about the Bigfoot Rangers was the Limo style power vertical sliding window.

Other than that it was a really only a "Decal" customization

I have one of those windows that I want to put into my new cab

samsonitesamsonite

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Jeep
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
allan, if you do that be sure to post pics and a detailed write up, BTW how in the hell do you find all these obscure parts?

AllanD

TRS Technical Staff
TRS Technical Advisor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1987... sorta
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
'93 4.0
Transmission
Manual
allan, if you do that be sure to post pics and a detailed write up, BTW how in the hell do you find all these obscure parts?

Patience, methodical ruthlessness and a "target rich environment":)

AD

ZMan

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
MTOTM Winner
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Rangers
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Drop
4/4, bagged
there was one for sale near me...guy whos house I drive by every day bought it, he drove it for close to a year, and then put it out for sale...damn shoulda bought it but I just don't have the money and can't justify buying something with a 2.9 again.

TwoWhels

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
You didn't have to buy it but you could have got pics...

edgeaholic (tm)

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford ranger
Engine Size
4.0 S O H C
Transmission
Automatic
the ford factory built "bigfoot cruiser" ranger was an 1986 or 1987 supercab xlt with a 2.9L v6 with power sliding solid rear window (limo style) a double chrome roll bar with 5 5x7 marchall lamps, running boards, 215 tires on 14" wheels! truck was automatic and there were no other options. many people who had this truck added a grille guard and lights to match the rollbar.

predator

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
does anyone have a pic of one??

rusty ol ranger

Im a Jeep guy now.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
177 CID
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My credo
A legend to the old man, a hero to the child...
Are you sure they wernt available with Manuals to? Cause i seen one one time and i swear it had a 5sp.

later,
Dustin

wizkid00104

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1994/2002
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L/5.4L
Transmission
Manual
I found a bigfoot ranger in my town. I am gonna go back and get pictures of it. It needs work bad. The package was offered i 1987. It came with lots of chrome and a 2 inch factory lift, and electronic shift t-case. The one i found has an automatic. I also know they came with traction lock rear, ls front, and a huge chrome bed bar.

rockin86ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.0L,2.9L
Transmission
Automatic
this is strait out of a october 1994 issue of off-road magazine

"Ford dealers across the country are now selling street versions of the Bigfoot monster trucks, dubbed Bigfoot "Cruisers." The Cruiser program was developed by Bigfoot and Scherer Truck Equipment of Kansas City. After working for several months with prototype versions, Scherer began uplifting new Ford pickups earlier this year.

Bigfoot Cruiser trucks are offered in F-150, F-250, and Ranger SuperCab models, in 2WD and 4WD versions. All trucks come with Ford's top-of-line XLT trim package and are offered in Ford's Brilliant Blue metallic paint. They also feature Bigfoot custom graphics.

The package being installed by Scherer includes products from a number of Bigfoot's sponsors: Firestone Radial ATX tires; Lund Industries Interceptor hood shield, Moonvisor lighted visor, Racerback cab fairing, and Stepmates cab steps; Trail Master Bigfoot Signature Series shock absorbers; four KC HiLites halogen off-road lights with custom covers; Covercraft tonneau cover with custom imprint; Weld Racing billet-forged aluminum wheels with custom wheel caps; C.R. Laurence electric rear window slider; chromed rear step bumper; and an optional Warn winch and front bumper."

Like i said this is typed exactly from an October 1994 edition of Off-Road magazine.

hope this helps someone

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals