• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Dual front swaybars!

kwtorbe

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
After spending months searching the salvage yards for a 1-1/8" 98+ 4wd front sway bar to upgrade my '03 2wd Ranger with no luck, I had an idea....DUAL FRONT SWAY BARS! :icon_idea: This Saturday afternoon I picked up a second 98+ 2wd sway bar ($17) and endlinks, some 1/4" plate steel (freebie), 2 x 12" 3/8" all thread, 2 x 3/8" nylon lock nuts, 4 x 100mm frame bolts, and a bag of 25 3/8" washer ($11).
I then cut out plates and drilled holes in the 1/4" plate to match the frame brackets. Next I bolted the frame mount bracket with the 1/4" plate on top and welded them together. I bolted them together to keep it all squared up while welding. After it cooled I painted them and then bolted it all up. To make the endlinks work I sectioned ~1" of material from the factory sleeve and pieced it all together combining the 2 sets of endlinks I had.
The result: I notice much more control on the highway, and I notice no change in ride quality when going straight. Corners are fun and I love it.:yahoo: I am now looking for 2 x 98+ 4wd 1-1/8" sway bars for even more control :headbang:. My brother is going to install 3 x 1" sway bars on his E250 :icon_welder:.

By the way, I also have Mustang rear disk brakes, a 1" rear Bronco II sway bar, and Explorer OHC - I'm running out of things to do! Next project will be 17" Bullit wheels to get rid of all that tire roll. Anybody know anything about stiffening up a 2wd frame?

norcals91

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Nice alternative to going with a more expensive aftermarket unit. Looks pretty clean. You can stiffen up a 2wd frame by boxing it in and/or caging it into the frame. To be honest, my experience is with 97 and earlier, but I assume that current rangers use c channel frames...never looked on the newer ones.

ForOffRoadDriving

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Manual
when i first read this i was thinking FAIL, but after looking at the pic i think it turned out great, especially if youre experiencing less body roll.

BONES

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
gt40 5L
Transmission
Automatic
when i first read this i was thinking FAIL, but after looking at the pic i think it turned out great, especially if youre experiencing less body roll.
X2 ^^^^^ :icon_thumby:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals