• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Gt-12

bcost882

U.S. Military - Active
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2000, 2011
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L, 1.6L
Transmission
Manual
I can see the car starting to look like a car haha now you need some paint and to get......the motor running.....get out on the highway...and look for some adventure haha

gwaii

2010 OTOTY Winner
OTOTM Winner
2010 Truck of The Year
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I can see the car starting to look like a car haha now you need some paint and to get......the motor running.....get out on the highway...and look for some adventure haha

ahhhhh...good ol' steppenwolf.
actually,i already 'got the motor runnin'
how's the web connection there,any quicker than before?

H O L Y S H Y T E !!!!!!!!!!!!:icon_surprised:

I saw the thread title a bunch of times over the last couple months but thought, sounds like a car build.... I'm not a "car" guy so to speak, so I skipped it. Then 2 days ago I realized that you (Gwaii) were the OP and had also noticed people talking about gt-12 this and that in other threads. Got my curiosity going so I figured OK I should probably check it out.

WOW!!! :shok:

You take fab work to a whole nother lever dood!! Freakin AWESOME!:icon_welder:

Then to realize your only just off the west coast, not far from me really. (minus the 7hr ferry ride) KEWL!!

This thread has been educational, entertaining and inspirational.

Took me 3 days to read through it mind you, but well worth the time. THX!

We have about a foot of snow here as of last night, but after reading this, I'm heading outside to fab something up, not sure what yet, but I NEED to go cut and weld something ASAP!!:D

Reminds me, I was at a party a few years back, buddy had his Harley stored in the dinning room for the winter, after a few wobblies and some peer pressure, he did a big burnout on the lino, filled the room with smoke, exhaust and fuel and dug a hole in the floor! He ended up having to renovate later to get the smell out, lol.

Subscribed!!
welcome.
hey,where abouts are you?i know we've got a couple members in terrace,as well as kelowna and on the island(the other one:D)

JoshT

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
actually,if you go back about 15 pages or so to where the cowl was first brought in with the windshield frame,i discovered then that i could raise that bar...i just haven't got around to it yet.
That explains it. I read that then, but thought you had already taken care of it.

dude,that is gorgeous.as for what to look for,rust is the big one.otherwise,make sure it's complete,especially the interior.it's a given that upholstery will need to be done,but finding all the little bits like guages and window cranks can eat up a lot of time and money.
Thanks, I'm headed over to look at it now. Taking a good flashlight and camera with me.

gwaii

2010 OTOTY Winner
OTOTM Winner
2010 Truck of The Year
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Thanks, I'm headed over to look at it now. Taking a good flashlight and camera with me.
looking forward to seeing how it looks.if i had that in my area i would jump at it:icon_thumby:

AgPete139

09/2014 OTOTM Winner
Supporting Member
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0L OHV
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Total Lift
~9"
Tire Size
35"x12.50"x17"
what's your 1970 project?
Porsche 914/6 (#1554 All original , the 1 of 3300 made with the 2.0T 6 cylinder)

It's a collector to those in that circle, or to hardcore Porschephiles. Personally, it was my father's 1st car when he came to the states, and it has been sitting for 30 years, dying slowly. But, Porsche parts and tight tolerances with machining comes at a price.

I think I have nothing but projects, and they take turns serving as DD. The current DD is a 96 Ford Probe SE. Bought for $500. Needed CV axles, Clutch, belts. That turned into head gasket, and due to bent a re-ring (crank bearings were good). That turned into new crank (bearing were good but you don't wanna know about the thrust washer. Total into it as of now $2200. Former plan: GT body kit, paint, interior recolor, possibly turbo motor. Current Plan: "keep the POS running for a few years until the little truck is ready to take over that job". Next time it breaks the 99 (my second vehicle) will resume DD until I get it ironed out. The 84 (first vehicle) used to be the same way. The bike never did serve as a DD though. Hell it's barely even a driver, been sitting for the last 5 months, and for a year before that. Need to get the tank painted, do a tune up and sell it.

Torino looks cool, but as I said I'm not sure if it will happen. At this point it is less than likely to happen. It's really going to depend on what I find when I see the car in person, and what dad thinks about it. He is the one who'll have to get it from point A to point B for me, as I am currently out of truck and trailer. That said I think mom would buy the car for me if it meant getting rid of the bike sooner.

Ranger is bigger than GT6, 16 is bigger than 12. Where to find one? Check this link, course that don't mean I can actually get my hands on one. I was only referring to what I might try to do if I had a little of gwaii's obvious insanity, and when I say insanity I'm referring to what ever it it that the likes of him and DoorGunner have going on up stairs that makes them do the things they do. As for a V22 the only one I am aware of is the Osprey, and those have turbo prop engine FWIW. Having been 300 yards from one (blacked out, dropping off troops during battle simulations), It's way to big to fit a Ranger

Now gwaii post some more pics, I type to much when I'm bored. I'd read the thread again but I've already worn out one hand, and I don't need to short out another keyboard with the drool.

Wow. Dude, totally kidding about the V22. I picked a high random number, and didn't expect it to be real!

But yea, I'm aware of those V12-18 monsters. Definitely cool, definitely expensive and exclusive. Thanks for the info!

gwaii

2010 OTOTY Winner
OTOTM Winner
2010 Truck of The Year
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Porsche 914/6 (#1554 All original , the 1 of 3300 made with the 2.0T 6 cylinder)

It's a collector to those in that circle, or to hardcore Porschephiles. Personally, it was my father's 1st car when he came to the states, and it has been sitting for 30 years, dying slowly. But, Porsche parts and tight tolerances with machining comes at a price.
oh,ya.i saw that on another thread.should be a pretty cool car when ya get it together.i damn near bought a 914(4 cyl)about 25 years ago,but my friends talked me out of it.it was pretty rusty,and didn't run too good,but i think it would have been a fun project.

by the way,i don't listen to what friends say to me anymore.
maybe that's why i don't have any friends:D

TheTopher

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Probably why you spend as much time on here as me.

No worries, if I had half the talent as you I'd probably not talk to anybody unless it involved making project money. I'd just sit in my shed and build all the time.

Yea'...I'm just a tad anti social.

COPPERHEAD85

V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
oh,ya.i saw that on another thread.should be a pretty cool car when ya get it together.i damn near bought a 914(4 cyl)about 25 years ago,but my friends talked me out of it.it was pretty rusty,and didn't run too good,but i think it would have been a fun project.

Oh you have friends Bro,Their just not in your backyard.:icon_cheers:

gwaii

2010 OTOTY Winner
OTOTM Winner
2010 Truck of The Year
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual

gwaii

2010 OTOTY Winner
OTOTM Winner
2010 Truck of The Year
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual

time for some sheet metal work.i'll make a patch panel for the left rear wheelwell.a simple plywood form was made,cut to the profile of the wheel openning and sanded to the shape of the flare,in negative,of course.
a chunk of sheet metal was cut,leaving ample extra material.

sheet metal gets clamped to the plywood form,with another peice of wood to spread the load.

after some beating with a deadblow mallet,i have the rough form of the flare.now i need to get the outer edge.the red marks are the approximate lines for the flare edge.

an old pipe bender die has about the right curve for the first edge,so i cleaned up it's edges and put it to use.a bit of hammerwork and i have a crease on the flare.

a chunk of flatbar in the vice forms the second edge on the flare,giving me the turn in to finish the profile.and yes-that's a carpenter's claw hammer i'm using to form it with.for all the bodywork i do,i don't even own a proper body hammer.i do have some pretty good dollies,though.and i keep a smooth face on the hammers i use-any mark in the face of the hammer will transfer to the metal being worked.

after forming the edges,i went to the endgrain of a piece of home heating fuel to form a slight convex curve to the outside face.this is done by tapping the inside face against the wood with the deadblow,using even strokes with good overlap.

immediately after forming the proper curve,this piece of custom metal forming equipment was put to another use...

and there i have it-a patch panel that i think is a bit better than what it will replace.it took less time to make it than to post it.

Last edited:

alwaysFlOoReD

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'91, '80, '06
Make / Model
Ford, GMC,Dodge
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Looks good. I like learning [the plywood form idea]. In my build thread it's usually how NOT to do something...but it's still learning!

Richard

gwaii

2010 OTOTY Winner
OTOTM Winner
2010 Truck of The Year
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Looks good. I like learning [the plywood form idea]. In my build thread it's usually how NOT to do something...but it's still learning!

Richard
hey,if anyone can get some ideas about how to do something for their own project from this,i'm a happy man.
i think with a lot of this stuff,people think they need a lot more equipment than they really do.that's why i'm happy to show that these things can be done with really basic tools-and a little bit of thought-and still get the results a fully equiped custom shop would expect.

Sasquatch_Ryda

Ford Technician
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Forum Staff - Retired
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Tire Size
40s
BONES is located in Prince George, Tom.

Sick work on that patch panel buddy!

gwaii

2010 OTOTY Winner
OTOTM Winner
2010 Truck of The Year
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
BONES is located in Prince George, Tom.

Sick work on that patch panel buddy!
thanks,and thanks:icon_cheers:

i figured there must be someone from pg here.and on the patch,they just don't make them,and i couldn't live with the mess that was there...so out come the hammers:headbang:

Sasquatch_Ryda

Ford Technician
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Forum Staff - Retired
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Tire Size
40s
This thread keeps giving me the itch to get going on the mustang....only one problem....friends keep showing up with stuff they need to me to do....sigh.

After I get this bush box built and on my buddies toyota the shops closed....its time for me to play on my own stuff for once!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals