Home Discussion Forum Tech Articles Other Articles Featured Rides Readers Rides Classifieds Shirts & Decals Parts Store

Ford Ranger Discussion Forum

Off-Road Truck Of The Month

'PlumCrazy'
October 2014 OTOTM

Mini Truck Of The Month

'Ted R.'
October 2014 MTOTM

Go Back   The Ranger Station Forums > Truck Discussions > Fullsize Trucks > Fullsize Ford Trucks

Notices

Old 05-25-2012, 12:53 AM   #11
Jim Oaks
Building another truck

Vehicle Year: 1983 & 1996
Vehicle Make: Ford
Vehicle Model: Ranger
I use this vehicle for: Dedicated trail rig!
My credo: Happy wife, happy life.
Jim Oaks has a reputation beyond reputeJim Oaks has a reputation beyond reputeJim Oaks has a reputation beyond reputeJim Oaks has a reputation beyond reputeJim Oaks has a reputation beyond reputeJim Oaks has a reputation beyond reputeJim Oaks has a reputation beyond reputeJim Oaks has a reputation beyond reputeJim Oaks has a reputation beyond reputeJim Oaks has a reputation beyond reputeJim Oaks has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 85_Ranger4x4 View Post
I fully agree, IMO the dealer is jerking you around. That is why I recommended crying on customer service's shoulder. They can pull more strings (especially to keep a loyal customer) than a dealer sometimes will.
I don't think Ford really cares.

Vote For TRS In Top 4x4 Sites
Jim Oaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Forum Notices (Not shown to 'Premium Members')

Reminder:

We're looking for participants to help move our banner from Alaska to Florida: Click HERE.

Click HERE to see the banner map.

Want to become a Premium Member & not see these notices? Click HERE.

Want your truck considered for Truck Of The Month? Click HERE.

Don't forget to vote!

Old 05-25-2012, 01:00 AM   #12
dankhimself

Vehicle Year: 1997
I use this vehicle for: DD, disposing of money.
dankhimself is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Oaks View Post
+1
dankhimself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 11:07 AM   #13
85_Ranger4x4
December 2013 OTOTM

Vehicle Year: 1985
I use this vehicle for: A weapon of massive consumption.
85_Ranger4x4 has a brilliant future85_Ranger4x4 has a brilliant future85_Ranger4x4 has a brilliant future85_Ranger4x4 has a brilliant future85_Ranger4x4 has a brilliant future85_Ranger4x4 has a brilliant future85_Ranger4x4 has a brilliant future85_Ranger4x4 has a brilliant future85_Ranger4x4 has a brilliant future85_Ranger4x4 has a brilliant future85_Ranger4x4 has a brilliant future

Quote:
My brother works in the shop at the local dealer, they have had customers do the same thing when something is not normally covered under warrenty. Something like this it should be, they might come down on the dealer for not doing it.

It is a 1-800 number, they won't do anything worse than laugh at you.

Quote:
If you have questions or concerns about your vehicle, please follow the steps below:

1.Contact your Sales Representative or Service Advisor at your selling/servicing dealership.
2.If your inquiry or concern remains unresolved, contact the Sales Manager or Service Manager at the dealership.
3.If your inquiry or concern cannot be resolved at the dealership level, please contact our Customer Relationship Center by one of the methods below.

PhoneUnited States
+1-800-392-3673
+1-800-232-5952 (TDD for the Hearing Impaired)
Available 8:00 a.m.- 5:00 p.m. Local Time, Monday-Friday
http://corporate.ford.com/our-company/contact-ford

Build Thread

We act as though comfort and luxury were the chief requirements of life, when all that we need to make us really happy is something to be enthusiastic about. Charles Kingsley (1819-75)

Last edited by 85_Ranger4x4; 05-25-2012 at 11:14 AM.
85_Ranger4x4 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 11:16 AM   #14
88_Eddie
Motorboater (.Y.)

Chopper Challenge Champion

Vehicle Year: 1988, 2000
Vehicle Model: Bronco II (Eddie Bauer), Explorer
I use this vehicle for: Annoying the old ball and chain.
88_Eddie has a reputation beyond repute88_Eddie has a reputation beyond repute88_Eddie has a reputation beyond repute88_Eddie has a reputation beyond repute88_Eddie has a reputation beyond repute88_Eddie has a reputation beyond repute88_Eddie has a reputation beyond repute88_Eddie has a reputation beyond repute88_Eddie has a reputation beyond repute88_Eddie has a reputation beyond repute88_Eddie has a reputation beyond repute

^
i think i'd at least try that
2000 Explorer 4.0 2WD DD
Everything I need to know about Islam, I learned on 9/11.
The hardest part about a zombie apocalypse will be pretending I'm not excited.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wedding Crashers
What'd you do with them? Motorboat? You play the motorboat? You motorboatin son of a bitch! You old sailor you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jammert609@yahoo.com View Post
I am being told by family an friends my truck is a piece of shit
88_Eddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 02:19 PM   #15
Twister

Vehicle Year: 1985, 1987
Vehicle Make: Duh
Vehicle Model: Bronco II, Bronco II
I use this vehicle for: DD and occasional offroad
Twister is just really niceTwister is just really niceTwister is just really niceTwister is just really nice

Definitely call the 1-800 number. We have an 08 escape, they have a known rust issue on the seam on the tail gate. I have seen 2011's have a rusted hatch, its unacceptable. They told us they would not fix it because it was no perforated. So we call the number several times and pitched a bitch. So they fixed the hatch (which has started to rust again), repainted the front and rear bumpers, and fixed a paint chip on one of the wheel arches all for $300.

We will be taking it back because the hatch is starting to rust again like mentioned before.
Twister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 02:55 PM   #16
triumphrider-1

Vehicle Year: 1999
Vehicle Model: Ranger XLT
I use this vehicle for: Pondering
triumphrider-1 is a jewel in the roughtriumphrider-1 is a jewel in the roughtriumphrider-1 is a jewel in the roughtriumphrider-1 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
The actuator for the temperature blend door on my 2010 Ford F-150 makes a knocking noise if you turn it to far towards the hot setting. It will stop if you turn it back towards the cool.

Today I took the truck in to Columbiana Ford for an oil change before I go on vacation, and told them about the bad actuator. They said they would try to get it fixed under warranty.

I get a phone call stating that the actuator isn't under warranty, and it's $310.00 + tax to fix it. They also tell me it's only a $40.00 part, but it's 3-hours of labor.

I tell them not to fix it and just do the oil change.

I go in to pick up the truck and my bill is $101.00! They charged me $59.99 to tell me that my actuator is bad. The bill said the did a run out pin test. It doesn't take a master mechanic to know it has a bad actuator. I can't believe I just paid $59.99 to have them tell me the actuator I told them was bad, was bad.

I've been conserving money to take my family on vacation for a few days, and just pissed away $60.00 for nothing.

I'm so pissed off.

I'll have to pass this on to my father, his '07 is doing the same thing.

I would give the 800 number a try, worst happens is they do nothing. I'd probably look at going to another dealer for future visits/issues. We do that for our trucks and get a lot better treatment (if its feasible for you).

"Minds are like parachutes, they only function when open" - Anna Pavlova
triumphrider-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 09:12 PM   #17
85_Ranger4x4
December 2013 OTOTM

85_Ranger4x4 has a brilliant future85_Ranger4x4 has a brilliant future85_Ranger4x4 has a brilliant future85_Ranger4x4 has a brilliant future85_Ranger4x4 has a brilliant future85_Ranger4x4 has a brilliant future85_Ranger4x4 has a brilliant future85_Ranger4x4 has a brilliant future85_Ranger4x4 has a brilliant future85_Ranger4x4 has a brilliant future85_Ranger4x4 has a brilliant future

Quote:
I have a 2010 Ford F-150, and I can't even get the damn actuator fixed under warranty. I even purchased an extended warranty so I can be sure the drivetrain is covered. I guess the actuator under the dash is no longer covered because I have 39,000 miles - because the actuator somehow suffers wear and tear driving.
I asked my brother about this tonight, after the 3 year / 36k mile bumper to bumper warrenty is up you are only down to whatever you have for powertrain (IIRC 6 year/60k miles). Since the blend door actuator is a far cry from a powertrain component... it is in fact out of warrenty unless you got some bumper to bumper package in your extended warrenty (most are only powertrain)

So the dealer did not rip you off, they played by the rules you agreed to when you bought the truck.

You still might try customer service since you are not that far out of warrenty... otherwise for $40 (from a dealer, so like what $20 aftermarket ) I would look into fixing it myself and moving on.

http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/x,ca...parttype,10721

Build Thread

We act as though comfort and luxury were the chief requirements of life, when all that we need to make us really happy is something to be enthusiastic about. Charles Kingsley (1819-75)

Last edited by 85_Ranger4x4; 05-25-2012 at 09:14 PM.
Old 05-25-2012, 09:17 PM   #18
BDAB

Vehicle Year: 00, 99, 00
Vehicle Make: Ford, Ford, Bui
Vehicle Model: Excursion, Expedition, Regal
I use this vehicle for: family truckster, winter beater, daily driver
My credo: If you can't go through it or around it, then go over it.
BDAB has much to be proud ofBDAB has much to be proud ofBDAB has much to be proud ofBDAB has much to be proud ofBDAB has much to be proud ofBDAB has much to be proud ofBDAB has much to be proud ofBDAB has much to be proud ofBDAB has much to be proud ofBDAB has much to be proud of

what he is upset about is then charging him $59 for a diagnosis that he handed them.
Old 05-25-2012, 09:41 PM   #19
armadillon
Premium Member

Vehicle Year: 93
I use this vehicle for: Licking the steering wheel. It's cleaner than my other vehicles.
armadillon is a jewel in the rougharmadillon is a jewel in the rougharmadillon is a jewel in the rougharmadillon is a jewel in the rough

Agreed. The single point here is that you did NOT give them permission for additional charges. They just did work for free. Demand a refund. To be honest, I would have never signed the paperwork for the bill. That's going to make things a little bit tougher.

This seems like something you would have raised hell about! Jim, why did you sign that invoice in the first place?
armadillon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 09:52 PM   #20
85_Ranger4x4
December 2013 OTOTM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDAB View Post
what he is upset about is then charging him $59 for a diagnosis that he handed them.
So they are supposed to always take the customers word with what is wrong?

Gotta know exactly what is wrong before you can quote money to fix it, and why would you stake it on a complete stranger's word? And at hearing something is not covered by warrenty how many people do you suppose would want to know what it would take to go ahead and fix while they already have it sitting at the dealer?

We just got burned by something similar at work this week. The guy's "diagnosis" was a major diversion that had nothing to do with the actual problem... but if we had done it our way he would have been screaming bloody murder we were ripping him off until "checking the vitals" turned up a bad spark plug.

Build Thread

Last edited by 85_Ranger4x4; 05-25-2012 at 10:13 PM.