Home Discussion Forum Tech Articles Other Articles Featured Rides Readers Rides Classifieds Shirts & Decals Parts Store

Ford Ranger Discussion Forum

Off-Road Truck Of The Month

'AgPete139'
September 2014 OTOTM

Mini Truck Of The Month

'alexp11'
September 2014 MTOTM

Go Back   The Ranger Station Forums > Truck Discussions > General Discussions

General Discussions This forum is for general discussions. Place posts that don't fit in any other forums here.

Old 05-07-2012, 09:14 PM   #31
gribly

Vehicle Year: 2002
Vehicle Make: Honda
Vehicle Model: EP3 Civic Si
gribly is a glorious beacon of lightgribly is a glorious beacon of lightgribly is a glorious beacon of lightgribly is a glorious beacon of lightgribly is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil_Blue_Ford View Post
Really? The company with the sticky gas pedals is going to pick on Ford? Disgusting....
Oh, it was much worse than just gas pedals. Toyota never admitted to the electronics issue, which I have seen first hand. My friend's leased Tundra would do some weird stuff, like sometime it would rev up and hit the rev limiter right as soon as you started it using the remote starter - rather bad for the motor, especially on a cold morning! It has also launched itself at what was apparently a rather large amount of throttle while his girlfriend was maneuvering it in the driveway. Luckily she was quick witted enough to throw it in neutral. Poor girl never got behind the wheel of that truck ever again, and the dealership was very firm about there not being anything wrong with the truck at all.
Forum Notices (Not shown to 'Premium Members')

Reminder:

We're looking for participants to help move our banner from Alaska to Florida: Click HERE.

Click HERE to see the banner map.

Want to become a Premium Member & not see these notices? Click HERE.

Want your truck considered for Truck Of The Month? Click HERE.

Don't forget to vote!

Old 05-07-2012, 09:34 PM   #32
85_Ranger4x4
December 2013 OTOTM

Vehicle Year: 1985
Vehicle Make: Ford
Vehicle Model: Ranger
I use this vehicle for: A weapon of massive consumption.
85_Ranger4x4 has a brilliant future85_Ranger4x4 has a brilliant future85_Ranger4x4 has a brilliant future85_Ranger4x4 has a brilliant future85_Ranger4x4 has a brilliant future85_Ranger4x4 has a brilliant future85_Ranger4x4 has a brilliant future85_Ranger4x4 has a brilliant future85_Ranger4x4 has a brilliant future85_Ranger4x4 has a brilliant future85_Ranger4x4 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by shane96ranger View Post
Funny they pick on Ford in this video using a FORD TOW TRUCK. You know why that tow truck wasn't a Toyota?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjVnNUNvB_A
In all fairness they do use some nasty crap on the roads in the northeast, I have seen Rangers on here with rusted through frames from out there too.

Calcium Cloride is almost a curse word to me, they use it liberially for ice melt out there which is great because it melts just about anything.

Up until a couple years ago it was also common weight people would put in tractor tires. Guess why they quit?

This rear tractor rim was cleaned and painted in '06 and looked brand spankin' new, as of late '09 thanks to a seepy valve stem (never to the point of being wet though)

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v6...t=100_1232.jpg

Build Thread

We act as though comfort and luxury were the chief requirements of life, when all that we need to make us really happy is something to be enthusiastic about. Charles Kingsley (1819-75)
85_Ranger4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 09:52 PM   #33
shane96ranger

Vehicle Year: 1997 / 1989
Vehicle Model: F150 XLT / Mustang GT
I use this vehicle for: Everything / The war on imports
shane96ranger has a reputation beyond reputeshane96ranger has a reputation beyond reputeshane96ranger has a reputation beyond reputeshane96ranger has a reputation beyond reputeshane96ranger has a reputation beyond reputeshane96ranger has a reputation beyond reputeshane96ranger has a reputation beyond reputeshane96ranger has a reputation beyond reputeshane96ranger has a reputation beyond reputeshane96ranger has a reputation beyond reputeshane96ranger has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 85_Ranger4x4 View Post
In all fairness they do use some nasty crap on the roads in the northeast, I have seen Rangers on here with rusted through frames from out there too.
The Rangers I've seen rusted bad also have bad rust on the body. This truck looks perfectly normal until you look at it's belly. There is an issue with their frames that they aren't owning up to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jammert609@yahoo.com View Post
I am being told by family an friends my truck is a piece of shit
shane96ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 11:48 PM   #34
--weezl--
June 2011 OTOTM Winner

Vehicle Year: 2007
Vehicle Model: Ranger FX4 Level II
I use this vehicle for: stealing candy from babies, and sometimes driving to work
--weezl-- has a reputation beyond repute--weezl-- has a reputation beyond repute--weezl-- has a reputation beyond repute--weezl-- has a reputation beyond repute--weezl-- has a reputation beyond repute--weezl-- has a reputation beyond repute--weezl-- has a reputation beyond repute--weezl-- has a reputation beyond repute--weezl-- has a reputation beyond repute--weezl-- has a reputation beyond repute--weezl-- has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Toyotas are expensive though compared to what the Ranger cost.

And the Ranger isn't completely gone, I've heard that they only discontinued it in the states but it will still be manufactured overseas.
it's gone, the global ranger is a completely different truck, afaik, it's not even based off of the north american ranger... and it's actually a larger truck, about halfway between the size of our rangers, and the f-150...

nice truck either way, available with a twin turbo diesel IIRC
Quote:
Originally Posted by multiranger View Post
I asked my girlfriend to measure it for me.. It's only an inch
check out my build thread
--weezl-- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 12:02 AM   #35
wrecking-crew

Vehicle Year: 06 chevy
Vehicle Make: 88 ranger
Vehicle Model: 83 ranger 66 f100
wrecking-crew is just really nicewrecking-crew is just really nicewrecking-crew is just really nicewrecking-crew is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to wrecking-crew

The Calcium sh-t rusted a freshly (spray)painted bumper, a few pieces of sheet metal (around the edges), and bubbled the paint on my brushguard and roll bar on my Ranger in 2 weeks of winter driving until I parked it.
new jersey home of thei love it
Quote:
Originally Posted by adsm08 View Post
My kids are gonna be able to count from 7 to 24 before they can walk.
"Kid, daddy needs the 13mm wrench."
wrecking-crew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 01:00 AM   #36
gribly

Vehicle Year: 2002
Vehicle Make: Honda
Vehicle Model: EP3 Civic Si
gribly is a glorious beacon of lightgribly is a glorious beacon of lightgribly is a glorious beacon of lightgribly is a glorious beacon of lightgribly is a glorious beacon of light

Calcium Chloride use on roads is probably backed by auto manufacturers so that we all have to buy new vehicles instead of being able to fix what we have.
Old 05-08-2012, 06:28 AM   #37
straycat
Premium Member

Vehicle Year: 02 06 and 2012
Vehicle Make: Jeeps
Vehicle Model: 02 Grand Cherokee 4x4 4.0L 06 Wrangler X 5.7 Hemi 87 Samurai 4x4 2012 Wrangler JK-8
I use this vehicle for: DD and trail rides
straycat has much to be proud ofstraycat has much to be proud ofstraycat has much to be proud ofstraycat has much to be proud ofstraycat has much to be proud ofstraycat has much to be proud ofstraycat has much to be proud ofstraycat has much to be proud ofstraycat has much to be proud ofstraycat has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by gribly View Post
Oh, it was much worse than just gas pedals. Toyota never admitted to the electronics issue, which I have seen first hand. My friend's leased Tundra would do some weird stuff, like sometime it would rev up and hit the rev limiter right as soon as you started it using the remote starter - rather bad for the motor, especially on a cold morning! It has also launched itself at what was apparently a rather large amount of throttle while his girlfriend was maneuvering it in the driveway. Luckily she was quick witted enough to throw it in neutral. Poor girl never got behind the wheel of that truck ever again, and the dealership was very firm about there not being anything wrong with the truck at all.

After numerous reviews and constant examining the issues and inspecting the vehicles and computers of Toyota vehicles there was never any problems found. Some people were trying to get quick money from Toyota by saying their vehicles would suddenly accelerate in hopes they could get some quick cash out of Toyota. Computer system donít lie. The issues were checked and no issues were found. The case was dropped. I have Dodge, Chevy and Ford buddies who all have said they have had issues with rough idle, stalling, surging. This happens with every make. I blame a lot of crap on this stupid ethanol we are forced to use with these stupid gas companies. Ethanol is not a great additive to our gas supply. Cars get less gas milage with it and it causes issues with our fuel systems.

99 Ranger XLT 4 door Supercab lifted 2wd
33x12.5x15 KO's on 15x8 AR polished rims
Spare 33 KO mounted flat in bed/custom bed extender
straycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 07:12 AM   #38
lil_Blue_Ford

Vehicle Year: 95
Vehicle Model: F-150
I use this vehicle for: Work
lil_Blue_Ford has much to be proud oflil_Blue_Ford has much to be proud oflil_Blue_Ford has much to be proud oflil_Blue_Ford has much to be proud oflil_Blue_Ford has much to be proud oflil_Blue_Ford has much to be proud oflil_Blue_Ford has much to be proud oflil_Blue_Ford has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to lil_Blue_Ford

Quote:
Originally Posted by straycat View Post
All ads are tacky, Bro. I only like animal commercials. I hate watching sports or car and truck ads...they all suck.....lol
You forget, I have a TV.... I just don't have service for it (satellite doesn't work in the valley here, cable would cost us something like $7,000 to get them to bring it here with no promise that it'll work because of the distance, and when they went to digital signal we got no reception on UHF/VHF). So naturally, I don't get to watch commercials, lol.
"Blue Ox" 1995 F-150 xl: 4.9L, 5-spd, 4x4
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyO View Post
Some people are too stupid to be in management. That's why they keep getting promoted.
lil_Blue_Ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 07:29 AM   #39
tony314
Premium Member

Vehicle Year: 1998
Vehicle Model: Ranger XLT
I use this vehicle for: fun and work
tony314 has a spectacular aura abouttony314 has a spectacular aura abouttony314 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
You forget, I have a TV.... I just don't have service for it (satellite doesn't work in the valley here, cable would cost us something like $7,000 to get them to bring it here with no promise that it'll work because of the distance, and when they went to digital signal we got no reception on UHF/VHF). So naturally, I don't get to watch commercials, lol.

You aren't missing much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97RangerXLT View Post

You know have a testosterone spewing blatantly heterosexual Ford tailgate net!

AJ

Ford. it cures gayness.
tony314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 08:04 AM   #40
straycat
Premium Member

Vehicle Year: 02 06 and 2012
Vehicle Make: Jeeps
Vehicle Model: 02 Grand Cherokee 4x4 4.0L 06 Wrangler X 5.7 Hemi 87 Samurai 4x4 2012 Wrangler JK-8
I use this vehicle for: DD and trail rides
straycat has much to be proud ofstraycat has much to be proud ofstraycat has much to be proud ofstraycat has much to be proud ofstraycat has much to be proud ofstraycat has much to be proud ofstraycat has much to be proud ofstraycat has much to be proud ofstraycat has much to be proud ofstraycat has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony314 View Post
You aren't missing much!
^^^Yea...what he said!!! lol

99 Ranger XLT 4 door Supercab lifted 2wd
33x12.5x15 KO's on 15x8 AR polished rims
Spare 33 KO mounted flat in bed/custom bed extender
straycat is offline   Reply With Quote