Home Discussion Forum Tech Articles Other Articles Featured Rides Readers Rides Classifieds Shirts & Decals Parts Store

Ford Ranger Discussion Forum

Off-Road Truck Of The Month

'AgPete139'
September 2014 OTOTM

Mini Truck Of The Month

'alexp11'
September 2014 MTOTM

Old 09-26-2010, 06:23 PM   #21
larrybjr

Vehicle Year: 1989
Vehicle Make: Ford
Vehicle Model: Bronco II
I use this vehicle for: Daily Driver.
larrybjr is on a distinguished road

I just replaced all the ball joints i figured while I was doing the lift might as well do everything. The bushing looks so bad because it wouldnt come out quietly. Yeah it was rough. The passenger side wont come out either. So will be tearing that apart. I put the bushing in and I was thinking well the catalog couldnt be wrong, so i put the castle nut and then i knew it wasnt right. Good ol Moog.
larrybjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Forum Notices (Not shown to 'Premium Members')

Reminder:

We're looking for participants to help move our banner from Alaska to Florida: Click HERE.

Click HERE to see the banner map.

Want to become a Premium Member & not see these notices? Click HERE.

Want your truck considered for Truck Of The Month? Click HERE.

Don't forget to vote!

Old 09-26-2010, 06:29 PM   #22
trail B2

Vehicle Year: 1986
Vehicle Make: ford
Vehicle Model: bronco 2
I use this vehicle for: 4x4 and DD
trail B2 will become famous soon enough

I have a set of these for my 28 sitting on a shelf had to buy new ones for my 35 there not the same.The 0-4 only goes that far on a 2 wheel drive they go to 3 1/4 degrees on a 4 wheel drive[the ball joints are further apart].Ive managed to take the old adjuster out by driving it with a punch from the bottom to get it started then pry it out.

I'm told how it's supposed to work is its put on the alignment rack you put a number on how far the camber is off.Then you take the stock fixed adjuster out reading the number on it[mine were zeros].Lastly you put the number the alignment rack told you on the chart that came with the adjusters and finally put that combo in with the adjusters.I have an old friend that used to own an alignment shop he did this for me and it really worked good.
Old 09-26-2010, 06:35 PM   #23
larrybjr

Vehicle Year: 1989
Vehicle Model: Bronco II
I use this vehicle for: Daily Driver.
larrybjr is on a distinguished road

thanx for the help. somethig i learned the hard way i guess. I had never experienced a ball joint spinning like it did while i was trying to tighten it and then i knew for sure this wasnt right. I work in parts too and when the catalog says it will fit and not ever doing camber bushings i took the catalog at face value. oh well at least i learned something today. gotta stay positive. But hey from what i learned today maybe someone will read this and will help save the next guy.
larrybjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 06:38 PM   #24
wakingtowinter

Vehicle Year: 1992
Vehicle Model: Ranger
I use this vehicle for: extremely hazardous expeditions
wakingtowinter will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrybjr View Post
I just replaced all the ball joints i figured while I was doing the lift might as well do everything. The bushing looks so bad because it wouldnt come out quietly. Yeah it was rough. The passenger side wont come out either. So will be tearing that apart. I put the bushing in and I was thinking well the catalog couldnt be wrong, so i put the castle nut and then i knew it wasnt right. Good ol Moog.
Yeah I know how that goes. When I did my ball joints, the bushing on the passenger side was pretty much locked onto the ball joint. After a lot of PB blaster and prying, I just got out the sawzall and sawed through the ball joint.
hell i used to have fat guys sit in cars so i could see how they look lowered lol
wakingtowinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 11:04 PM   #25
xBLAKEx

Vehicle Year: 1997 1988
Vehicle Model: Ranger Super Cab
I use this vehicle for: Daily Driver/ Off Road
xBLAKEx is on a distinguished road

What was the right bushing? I'm looking for D28 camber/caster bushings right now.
xBLAKEx is offline   Reply With Quote