Home Discussion Forum Tech Articles Other Articles Featured Rides Readers Rides Classifieds Shirts & Decals Parts Store

Ford Ranger Discussion Forum

Off-Road Truck Of The Month

'PlumCrazy'
October 2014 OTOTM

Mini Truck Of The Month

'Ted R.'
October 2014 MTOTM

Go Back   The Ranger Station Forums > Events - Recreation - Survival > Events Forum (Cruises - Trail Rides - Shows - etc)

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 02-29-2012, 11:55 AM   #101
doorgunner
Lab Rat for V.A. hospital

Vehicle Year: 1936/1989
Vehicle Make: Ford
Vehicle Model: Ranger XLT
I use this vehicle for: FUN on a daily basis!
doorgunner has a reputation beyond reputedoorgunner has a reputation beyond reputedoorgunner has a reputation beyond reputedoorgunner has a reputation beyond reputedoorgunner has a reputation beyond reputedoorgunner has a reputation beyond reputedoorgunner has a reputation beyond reputedoorgunner has a reputation beyond reputedoorgunner has a reputation beyond reputedoorgunner has a reputation beyond reputedoorgunner has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan B. View Post
I read a few pages and kinda skipped to the end.....did this get started yet?
It's still getting ironed out.....might start in late March/early April...depends on the Spring thaw up North.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by adsm08 View Post
(Condensed Version) I have determined that every last Automotive Engineer is an atheist.......it is quite apparent that not a single one believes in intelligent design.
*****All the people who's freedom of speech I fought to defend are now telling me to shut up*****

The Congress who issued me a Machine Gun to kill as many of THEIR enemies as possible now wants my Winchester Model 1894 because I have PTSD!
Forum Notices (Not shown to 'Premium Members')

Reminder:

We're looking for participants to help move our banner from Alaska to Florida: Click HERE.

Click HERE to see the banner map.

Want to become a Premium Member & not see these notices? Click HERE.

Want your truck considered for Truck Of The Month? Click HERE.

Don't forget to vote!

Old 03-02-2012, 07:02 PM   #102
Jim Oaks
Building another truck

Vehicle Year: 1983 & 1996
Vehicle Model: Ranger
I use this vehicle for: Dedicated trail rig!
My credo: Happy wife, happy life.
Jim Oaks has a reputation beyond reputeJim Oaks has a reputation beyond reputeJim Oaks has a reputation beyond reputeJim Oaks has a reputation beyond reputeJim Oaks has a reputation beyond reputeJim Oaks has a reputation beyond reputeJim Oaks has a reputation beyond reputeJim Oaks has a reputation beyond reputeJim Oaks has a reputation beyond reputeJim Oaks has a reputation beyond reputeJim Oaks has a reputation beyond repute

I ordered the blank banner, but I'm running in to a minor problem...

I had to replace my vinyl cutter last year, and I can't use the old files on the new cutter. That means I either need the TRS logo converted to a vector image that I can pull apart to cut the vinyl in the different colors, or better software to scan it in to the cutting software.

The software that came with my cutter doesn't have a feature to scan images and vectorize them. I was going to buy a software upgrade, but it's like $500. I found (2) possible software solutions that are under $200, I'm just trying to figure out which one is going to work best for me. I want to get this sent out by mid march.

I have larger files of the TRS logo. If anyone knows how to convert it to a vector so I can cut the blue, black and red, and then piece it together, please send me a PM.

Vote For TRS In Top 4x4 Sites
Old 03-03-2012, 08:17 AM   #103
LIMA BEAN

Vehicle Year: 1988
Vehicle Model: Ranger SXY
I use this vehicle for: Doing dirty deed's dirt cheap.
LIMA BEAN has a reputation beyond reputeLIMA BEAN has a reputation beyond reputeLIMA BEAN has a reputation beyond reputeLIMA BEAN has a reputation beyond reputeLIMA BEAN has a reputation beyond reputeLIMA BEAN has a reputation beyond reputeLIMA BEAN has a reputation beyond reputeLIMA BEAN has a reputation beyond reputeLIMA BEAN has a reputation beyond reputeLIMA BEAN has a reputation beyond reputeLIMA BEAN has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Oaks View Post

I had to replace my vinyl cutter last year, and I can't use the old files on the new cutter. That means I either need the TRS logo converted to a vector image that I can pull apart to cut the vinyl in the different colors, or better software to scan it in to the cutting software.

The software that came with my cutter doesn't have a feature to scan images and vectorize them. I was going to buy a software upgrade, but it's like $500. I found (2) possible software solutions that are under $200, I'm just trying to figure out which one is going to work best for me. I want to get this sent out by mid march.

I have larger files of the TRS logo. If anyone knows how to convert it to a vector so I can cut the blue, black and red, and then piece it together, please send me a PM.
Thats all fine and dandy Jim. Told ya I could have a bigge made here for 50 bucks, double stitched and brass holes all around. Sure they would tell you how to do it after, hehe she said for dam sure.

"You have come to take our evil black guns? heh heh be right with ya there mister."
Old 03-03-2012, 05:15 PM   #104
doorgunner
Lab Rat for V.A. hospital

Vehicle Year: 1936/1989
Vehicle Model: Ranger XLT
I use this vehicle for: FUN on a daily basis!
doorgunner has a reputation beyond reputedoorgunner has a reputation beyond reputedoorgunner has a reputation beyond reputedoorgunner has a reputation beyond reputedoorgunner has a reputation beyond reputedoorgunner has a reputation beyond reputedoorgunner has a reputation beyond reputedoorgunner has a reputation beyond reputedoorgunner has a reputation beyond reputedoorgunner has a reputation beyond reputedoorgunner has a reputation beyond repute

Jim O......thanks for the update..........don't sweat it about the vinyl machine......they told me in Computer Class 101 in 1968 that computers were going to make life so much easier---I'm sure it will happen soon!

Lima.....if you wasn't crazier than me....people would take you more seriouser when you sayed something important...like a fify dollar Banner...

Quote:
Originally Posted by adsm08 View Post
(Condensed Version) I have determined that every last Automotive Engineer is an atheist.......it is quite apparent that not a single one believes in intelligent design.
*****All the people who's freedom of speech I fought to defend are now telling me to shut up*****

The Congress who issued me a Machine Gun to kill as many of THEIR enemies as possible now wants my Winchester Model 1894 because I have PTSD!
Old 03-04-2012, 05:12 PM   #105
MrRangerSir

MrRangerSir will become famous soon enough

Road trip time!

Sounds like this may be going via Whitehorse. I'm willing to split the distance to Smithers, say Dease Lake? I can also make sure it spends some time in Terrace before heading east to Prince George. I could carry it a little farther east if needed, or maybe south towards Kamloops? Keep me in mind when the route is planned,
Old 03-04-2012, 07:01 PM   #106
jrpdash9
Premium Member

Vehicle Year: 2000
Vehicle Make: Ford Ranger
Vehicle Model: XLT ext
I use this vehicle for: just about everything
jrpdash9 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by super91(2.3) View Post
06RangerXLT, if you bring it to adsm, if he can bring it west to Warren both me and Grey_04 could get on it, maybe get a little get together at Big Jims house for a day and then southward bound. Penny for your thoughts, but with taxes, leave your $.02 on this idea
i aint to far from u guys im just 5 min from interstate 80 to
Old 03-05-2012, 12:49 PM   #107
hoosier1104
Infidel RX8

Vehicle Year: 2005
Vehicle Make: Mazda
Vehicle Model: RX8
I use this vehicle for: Having fun and pissing off everyone
hoosier1104 has a brilliant futurehoosier1104 has a brilliant futurehoosier1104 has a brilliant futurehoosier1104 has a brilliant futurehoosier1104 has a brilliant futurehoosier1104 has a brilliant futurehoosier1104 has a brilliant futurehoosier1104 has a brilliant futurehoosier1104 has a brilliant futurehoosier1104 has a brilliant futurehoosier1104 has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to hoosier1104

This fat kid is still ready to roll out and waiting for the word on my destination. I think I started something with the last one. This is going to be epic.
Indiana Ranger Owner's Group<-----------For the skinny on what is going down in IN for Ranger Owner's
03 Honda CBR F4i Build<------------------Bike Build Thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopman View Post
Once you own a Ranger, everything else doesn't quite fit you.
Old 03-05-2012, 01:08 PM   #108
06RangerXLT

Vehicle Year: 2006
Vehicle Model: Ranger XLT Extended Cab
I use this vehicle for: Shenanigans
06RangerXLT has much to be proud of06RangerXLT has much to be proud of06RangerXLT has much to be proud of06RangerXLT has much to be proud of06RangerXLT has much to be proud of06RangerXLT has much to be proud of06RangerXLT has much to be proud of06RangerXLT has much to be proud of06RangerXLT has much to be proud of

yes... yes it is. lol. im excited to run it, i can legaly cross the border now! im ready to ROCK!!!
Old 03-08-2012, 11:41 PM   #109
Jim Oaks
Building another truck

Vehicle Year: 1983 & 1996
I use this vehicle for: Dedicated trail rig!
My credo: Happy wife, happy life.
Jim Oaks has a reputation beyond reputeJim Oaks has a reputation beyond reputeJim Oaks has a reputation beyond reputeJim Oaks has a reputation beyond reputeJim Oaks has a reputation beyond reputeJim Oaks has a reputation beyond reputeJim Oaks has a reputation beyond reputeJim Oaks has a reputation beyond reputeJim Oaks has a reputation beyond reputeJim Oaks has a reputation beyond reputeJim Oaks has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Oaks View Post

The banner arrived today. I'll start working on it next week. I still need a vector image of the TRS logo.

Vote For TRS In Top 4x4 Sites
Old 03-09-2012, 06:14 PM   #110
JoshT
Premium Member

Vehicle Year: 1999
I use this vehicle for: Back-up DD, Hunting, ETC.
JoshT is a jewel in the roughJoshT is a jewel in the roughJoshT is a jewel in the roughJoshT is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to JoshT Send a message via Yahoo to JoshT

If it comes through GA I'll at least meet up somewhere. If I got a ranger road worthy (and have the time) I don't mind helping to transport it either. I'm right int he middle of the state so if I'm able to help transport I could carry it from one end to the other. Wouldn't be too much trouble to pick it up in North GA on a Friday afternoon or night and have it in south GA by mid day Sunday, meeting people along the way to sign it of course. All that is depending on if my trucK is road worthy again by the time it gets here.
1999 Ranger 4wd - Back-up DD/Hunting truck
2003 Honda Shadow Sabre - For Sale (eventually)
2010 Kia Forte Koup SX - DD
Closed Thread